Seriously OT - primarily for Bill

Old April 20th 08, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

Default Seriously OT - primarily for Bill (LONG)

"brightside S9" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:57:59 +0100, "Bill Wright"
wrote:

By the way, I'm reading the Lawson book. It isn't as one-sided as you'd
imagine. He acknowledges most of the 'established science' about global
warming, but is critical of much of the predictive work. In particular he
is
sceptical about the accuracy of computer modelling. He draws on countless
seemingly unimpeachable sources as the basis for this position, since his
scienticic knowledge is nil.

He is in good company, see

http://www.edge.org/documents/archiv...19.html#dysonf

I wonder if we can read anything into the fact that the few prominent
scientists and economists who are seriously sceptical about global warming
all seem to be at or almost at retirement age. Could it be that they have
become cynics with the advancing years, or is it simply that they don't need
to worry about being blackballed any more?

Old April 20th 08, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chas Gill

wrote:

By the way, I'm reading the Lawson book. It isn't as one-sided as you'd
imagine. He acknowledges most of the 'established science' about global
warming, but is critical of much of the predictive work. In particular he
is
sceptical about the accuracy of computer modelling. He draws on countless
seemingly unimpeachable sources as the basis for this position, since his
scienticic knowledge is nil.

He is in good company, see

http://www.edge.org/documents/archiv...19.html#dysonf

I wonder if we can read anything into the fact that the few prominent
scientists and economists who are seriously sceptical about global warming
all seem to be at or almost at retirement age. Could it be that they have
become cynics with the advancing years, or is it simply that they don't
need to worry about being blackballed any more?

Bill

We must hope that their motives are not driven by the "**** it, I'm to old
to care and it won't affect me anyway" mindset. Perhaps they have no
offspring? AS far as Lawson is concerned I've no doubt that his daughter
has done more than enough in the way of contribution to excessive carbon in
the environment with her failed recipes and he feels some desire to justify
it? (sorry, peops - cheap joke........) ;-)

Chassie

Old April 20th 08, 07:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Chas Gill" wrote in message
AS far as Lawson is concerned I've no doubt that his daughter has done
more than enough in the way of contribution to excessive carbon in the
environment with her failed recipes and he feels some desire to justify
it? (sorry, peops - cheap joke........) ;-)

Just think of the rain forests that must have been felled in order to make
the tissues used by solitary male viewers when she's on the telly.

Old April 20th 08, 07:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

The first item here is worth a read:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../20/do2002.xml

Old April 20th 08, 07:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chas Gill

"Chas Gill" wrote in message
AS far as Lawson is concerned I've no doubt that his daughter has done
more than enough in the way of contribution to excessive carbon in the
environment with her failed recipes and he feels some desire to justify
it? (sorry, peops - cheap joke........) ;-)

Just think of the rain forests that must have been felled in order to make
the tissues used by solitary male viewers when she's on the telly.

Bill

Oh, yuck, Bill, yuckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Old April 20th 08, 08:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

Surely the greater wonder is how she ever came from between the loins
of her father?

Old April 20th 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Chas Gill" wrote in message
AS far as Lawson is concerned I've no doubt that his daughter has done
more than enough in the way of contribution to excessive carbon in the
environment with her failed recipes and he feels some desire to justify
it? (sorry, peops - cheap joke........) ;-)

Just think of the rain forests that must have been felled in order to
make the tissues used by solitary male viewers when she's on the telly.

Bill

Oh, yuck, Bill, yuckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Yes, it's the sort of thing that makes girls run from the room with their
fingers in their ears squealing "Too much information, too much
information!" Then we can get the beer out.

Old April 20th 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Java Jive" wrote in message
Surely the greater wonder is how she ever came from between the loins
of her father?

Ohh no! You said 'loins'. Excuse me a minute.