Another pile of BBC DOG ****

Old April 1st 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
powrwrap

Default Another pile of BBC DOG ****

On Apr 1, 4:40�am, "Agamemnon" wrote:
Further to my last complaint about the DOG **** on Torchwood, this is what I
got from the BBC.

snip

Ironic, isn't it? The BBC writes to complain about YOU!

HA HA HA HA HA!!
Old April 1st 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
hulahoop

On Apr 1, 8:15*pm, powrwrap wrote:
On Apr 1, 4:40�am, "Agamemnon" wrote:

Further to my last complaint about the DOG **** on Torchwood, this is what I
got from the BBC.

snip

Ironic, isn't it? The BBC writes to complain about YOU!

HA HA HA HA HA!!

It could have been so much better though if the BBC had written back
as follows:

IGNORANT FOOL

You obviously know nothing about the TV business

TWADDLE

POPPYCOCK

Kind regards

The BBC Complaints Unit
Old April 1st 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
The Doctor

In article ,
hulahoop wrote:
On Apr 1, 4:17*pm, notthebbc wrote:

Nevertheless, I hope you find something more productive to do with your
time in the hours that you won't be watching the BBC.

Spending more time posting his "Pearls of Wisdom" on Usenet?

Can BBC One go worldwide?
--
Member - Liberal International
This is Ici
Old April 1st 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
Topposter

Default IGNORE YADS

Can paint cook windows?

--
Socrates taught his students that the pursuit of truth can only begin once
they start to question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear. If

"The Doctor" wrote in message
In article

,

Old April 1st 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
peachy ashie passion

hulahoop wrote:

On Apr 1, 8:15 pm, powrwrap wrote:

On Apr 1, 4:40�am, "Agamemnon" wrote:

Further to my last complaint about the DOG **** on Torchwood, this is what I
got from the BBC.

snip

Ironic, isn't it? The BBC writes to complain about YOU!

HA HA HA HA HA!!

It could have been so much better though if the BBC had written back
as follows:

IGNORANT FOOL

You obviously know nothing about the TV business

TWADDLE

POPPYCOCK

Kind regards

The BBC Complaints Unit

Yeah, THAT would have been better!
Old April 1st 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
Light of Aria[_2_]

The only conclusion that can be drawn from this reply is that the BBC
intends to ignore its viewers demands and refuses to remove the DOG ****
from our screens and has no answers to my questions about the
justification of the DOG **** in the first place . The solution therefore
is not to watch and of the BBC's DOG **** infested channels ever again
unless the DOG **** is removed.

--
Regards,
Chris.

The solution is indeed not to watch AND not to pay.

Corporations do not care about happiness.

Corporations care about cash.

When the BBC feel that enough people are refusing to pay the BBC because of
this or any policy, then the policy will be changed.

The BBC treated me the same way they treated Aggie. This is why I don't
watch the BBC's DOG **** infested channels and this is why I have not funded
the BBC for 6 years.

Old April 1st 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
Light of Aria[_2_]

"Agamemnon" wrote in message

"notthebbc" wrote in message
Agamemnon wrote:

The only conclusion that can be drawn from this reply is that the BBC
intends to ignore its viewers demands and refuses to remove the DOG ****
from our screens and has no answers to my questions about the
justification of the DOG **** in the first place .

No, the only conclusion is that you're a freakin' *crank* and the BBC are
bored with you. You must accept that your behaviour is weird. Once you've
accepted that you'll start to find ways to improve and have better mental
health.

POPPYCOCK! The BBC coplaints department is unable to justify and unwilling
to change its position so there is no point in viewers discussing it with
them any further. Direct action is the next step for viewers to take.
Forget BBC complaints. Direct letters to programme makers and to high
ranking BBC management and a concerted campaign to boycott DOGed channels
and hit them where it hurts in the ratings is what is now required.

The solution therefore is not to watch and of the BBC's DOG **** infested
channels ever again unless the DOG **** is removed.

Do that. Please Ags, *do that*. Which will mean that you won't be here
continually moaning about the company idents. Seriously, your tantrums
over such a trivial little thing are not healthy for you. Move on.

FOOL!

I do not agree.

You assume that the BBC is a rational corporation run by sane people or that
the BBC "cares" about ratings.

I do not believe this to be the case nor do I believe the BBC really wants
its digital channels to have equal status to its "original" channels. It
does not actually want BBC 3 or Flaw to succeed, IMHO. This is also why it
chooses **** programmes, ****wit channel controllers, and spends petty cash
on them.

Old April 2nd 08, 08:47 AM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected][_2_]

On 1 Apr, 23:37, Edster wrote:
notthebbc wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:

The only conclusion that can be drawn from this reply is that the BBC
intends to ignore its viewers demands and refuses to remove the DOG ****
from our screens and has no answers to my questions about the
justification of the DOG **** in the first place .

No, the only conclusion is that you're a freakin' *crank* and the BBC
are bored with you. You must accept that your behaviour is weird. Once
you've accepted that you'll start to find ways to improve and have
better mental health.

The solution
therefore is not to watch and of the BBC's DOG **** infested channels
ever again unless the DOG **** is removed.

Do that. Please Ags, *do that*. Which will mean that you won't be here
continually moaning about the company idents. Seriously, your tantrums
over such a trivial little thing are not healthy for you. Move on.

Presumably you are about 12 years old at the most, and you've grown up
seeing ****e all over the screen on your cartoon channels.

I think the first channel to do onscreen logos was MTV from its launch
in the early 90s, which was aimed at teens. So anyone young enough to
have been listening to early '90s pop would have grown up with this
stuff. Hence even if your bizarre logic held, it could apply to people
well into their 20s if not older.

Phil
Old April 2nd 08, 08:54 AM posted to rec.arts.drwho,uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected][_2_]

On 2 Apr, 00:34, "Light of Aria"
wrote:
"Agamemnon" wrote in message

"notthebbc" wrote in message
Agamemnon wrote:

[...]

No one needs to assume anything about the BBC to find their response
to Aggy's fits eminently reasonable - he sent in a complaint, they
explained their position, and note that they've acknowledged his
complaint and that nothing further can be gained by subsequent rants
on the same subject. Wouldn't you get a bit tired of it if you
explained your position only to have the same rant repeated over and
over?

I do not believe this to be the case nor do I believe the BBC really wants
its digital channels to have equal status to its "original" channels. It
does not actually want BBC 3 or Flaw to succeed, IMHO. This is also why it
chooses **** programmes,

By this logic, they must want BBC1 to fail. Why on Earth spend money
on something with the objective of making it fail? No one forced them
to make BBC3 in the first place.

Phil