OT Low Energy Light Bulb

Old March 14th 08, 03:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

Default OT Low Energy Light Bulb

Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group
Old March 14th 08, 04:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisM

In message ,
David Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

Sounds too good to be true, but a quick Google would seem to prove you
right!!
Will check it out on my way home from work later... no doubt if they had
any, they've sold out by now though :-(

--
Regards,
Chris.

Old March 14th 08, 04:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , ChrisM
writes
In message ,
David Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

Sounds too good to be true, but a quick Google would seem to prove you
right!!
Will check it out on my way home from work later... no doubt if they had
any, they've sold out by now though :-(

A couple of months ago, Waitrose were giving them away.
--
Ian
Old March 14th 08, 06:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chas Gill

"David" wrote in message
Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Is this to disguise the fact that they are selling Stella at 16 for 20
pints - despite what they said a few days ago in relation to binge boozing?

Chas

Old March 14th 08, 07:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Chas Gill
writes

"housetrained" wrote in message
news
We had a load given to us. It's as we first thought when my sister tried
them. You can't give them away they are SOOOO bad.

--
John the West Ham fan

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , ChrisM
writes
In message ,
David Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

Sounds too good to be true, but a quick Google would seem to prove you
right!!
Will check it out on my way home from work later... no doubt if they had
any, they've sold out by now though :-(

A couple of months ago, Waitrose were giving them away.
--
Ian

Er - sorry? What's SOOOO bad about them? I have a house full and "they
rock" (as my youngest is wont to say). In any case, like 'em or not in a
year or two you won't have a choice. The good ol' incandescent variety will
be banned because of it's horrendous inefficiency and carbon load. So
there!

Chas

So we'll all have to do without the benefit of that 'wasted' by-product
of incandescent bulbs, ie heat? I have just taken delivery of 1000
pounds-worth of central heating oil - up from 36p/l last year to 45p/l
this year (none of your sissy 15% for gas and electricity). Those
'wasteful' old-style bulbs may not contribute much heat but, in the
circumstances, every little helps! Wanting to ban them totally is simply
muddled thinking. As they say, 'The road to Hell is paved with good
intentions'.
--
Ian
Old March 14th 08, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 19:18:44 GMT, "housetrained"
wrote:

We had a load given to us. It's as we first thought when my sister tried
them. You can't give them away they are SOOOO bad.

Maybe you are looking at the older design or the open tubed design. If
the aesthetics bother you just put your hand deeper in your pocket and
you can buy one of the modern Philips Softone units which to my mind
provide excellent lighting while saving about 80% on electricity
consumption.

Unless of course you are making a Jeremy Clarkson point that anything
to do with environment or global warming is a myth to be ignored.
Old March 14th 08, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Al

Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

Overpriced.

If they want me to live in a cheap doctors waiting room or massage parlour,
have to remove all of my lamp dimmers, put up with the electrical
interference, move my TV so that the excess IR doesn't block my remote, I'd
still be looking at them paying me to take this garbage off of their hands.

And if you suffer from migraine?

Low Energy = Low IQ.

Al.
Old March 14th 08, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Linker3000[_3_]

Al wrote:
Tesco today have them at 1p each limit of 4 per customer.

Overpriced.

If they want me to live in a cheap doctors waiting room or massage parlour,
have to remove all of my lamp dimmers, put up with the electrical
interference, move my TV so that the excess IR doesn't block my remote, I'd
still be looking at them paying me to take this garbage off of their hands.

And if you suffer from migraine?

Low Energy = Low IQ.

Al.

Sigh - dimmable CFLs are available and have been for some time.

Oh, and...

How do you know what the lighting's like in a 'massage parlour'?

Was the visit to the cheap docs after the massage parlour?

Hmmm..

!