Hannington power upgrades?

Old July 24th 03, 06:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
no

Default Hannington power upgrades?

Does anybody know if/when Hannington is due any power upgrades?

I'm in Caversham (north of Reading) and DTT reception is a little flaky,
even with a new aerial, new cabling and a booster. I get a decent enough
analogue signal from Hannington but regular break-ups (especially on the
QAM64 muxes) using digital.

I'm using a Nebula DigiTV PCI which reports a signal strength of around 71%,
with an S/N ratio of 24dB and a low bit error rate (0.01).

Thanks in advance,
--
Steve Bavin

Old July 25th 03, 09:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darren Wilkinson

Default Hannington/Nebula DigiTV

Are those readings with or without the booster. If it is with it then give
us the readings without.

Old July 30th 03, 09:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sbavin

It's a brand new Nebula (which might explain the stupid questions from yours
truly).

I've mailed Nebula support with a few issues and they've been excellent. No
response on this particular one yet, but if it's a standard DTT reception
issue then it's not really their problem.

I could do with 2 things from this forum:
1) Nebula users! What sort of signal strength - S/N ratio - BER figures are
you getting?
2) ITC insiders! Are there any power increases planned for Hannington? (I
noticed it was doen for "Phase 3" on the http://members.lycos.co.uk/ukdtttx/
page..)

Thanks y'all,
--
Steve Bavin

"Ronald Marlowe" wrote in message

"sbavin" wrote

Do these figures look ok (they seem pretty good to me)? Would this

explain
why I'm getting regular break-ups on ITV1/C4/five - or should I be

looking
for a source of interference?

Noticed this thread rather late - so I'm sorry if I'm missing the point -
but how long have you had your Nebula? Some of the earlier ones were, in a
few systems, prone to intereference from the PC's internal PSU. Subsequent
models were fitted with filtering to cure this. In any event, why not

e-mail
Nebula - they're invariably helpful.

Ron.

Old August 1st 03, 12:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ronald Marlowe

"sbavin" wrote

1) Nebula users! What sort of signal strength - S/N ratio - BER figures

are
you getting?

I'm using Winter Hill - about 27 miles distant - and outside the "official"
Freeview area. BBC One readings this morning a
Strength 55%
SNR 20db
BER 0.002

Both picture and sound are 100% rock-steady.

Hope that helps.

Ron.

Old August 2nd 03, 09:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sbavin

That's considerably weaker signal and lower SNR than I'm getting.
But also a lower BER.

I guess I'm getting some local interference... possibly from the Hemdean
transmitter which is transmitting a weak analogue signal but is only 200m
away from my house..?

Maybe I should upgrade my downlead from CT100 to CT125 (it's quite a long
run).

--
Steve Bavin
Plinth vs. The Salivation Army