FTV Card Services NOT Issuing any more Series 2 Cards

Old July 2nd 03, 06:47 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Stuart

Default FTV Card Services NOT Issuing any more Series 2 Cards

"Chris Vowles" wrote in
message ...

A dark day for all those who bought boxes to view FTV TV on,
bye bye five.

Yes, I do remember just a year ago some strange people here deriding my
decision to get a DVTA instead of a FTV Satellite setup.

I trust they they didn't take their own advice.

--
Stuart

Old July 2nd 03, 07:20 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
xEcute

Your lucky if you have the choice of terrestrial or satellite. In my area
there is no terrestrial DTV or cable.

There is never likely to be Terrestrial DTV due to the French being too
close. We also can not receive Five with out a satellite connection again
never likely too, due to the French TV channels are on a band very close to
Five`s Frequency and thus Five is not transmitted in my area because of
overriding the French Signal (pity that the French TV companies are not so
obliging). In the summer months trying to receive BBC1, ITV and sometime
BBC2 via Aerial is near impossible with the high pressure allowing the
French TV signals to walk all over the UK signal.

I use to subscribe to SKY but after watching their programs about 10 times
(at least) I decided that I might as well wait until they are on FTV. Now it
looks as if SKY are going to twist the arms of those that do not want their
dross or/and can`t afford it.

Old July 2nd 03, 07:40 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
NO LOGO

"Stuart" wrote in message

"Chris Vowles" wrote in
message ...

A dark day for all those who bought boxes to view FTV TV on,
bye bye five.

Yes, I do remember just a year ago some strange people here deriding my
decision to get a DVTA instead of a FTV Satellite setup.

I trust they they didn't take their own advice.

In my postcode, ITV Digital said I could not receive Digital Terrestrial, so
I am dependent on Free-To-View SKY to receive FIVE.

I can not receive FIVE via an analogue Ariel.

Old July 2nd 03, 08:00 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave in London

NO LOGO writes
I can not receive FIVE via an analogue Ariel.

Be Bold - and Persil in your campaign. The Tide will turn.

--
David Richards

+44 7866 424578
Old July 2nd 03, 08:10 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Stuart

"Stuart" wrote in message

Yes, I do remember just a year ago some strange people here deriding

my
decision to get a DVTA instead of a FTV Satellite setup.

I trust they they didn't take their own advice.

In my postcode, ITV Digital said I could not receive Digital Terrestrial,

so
I am dependent on Free-To-View SKY to receive FIVE.

I can not receive FIVE via an analogue Ariel.

Yes Sat-FTV is better than nothing. But better than Freeview was the
position being argued.

--
Stuart

Old July 3rd 03, 07:05 PM posted to uk.media.tv.sky,uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian \(CatMan\)

NO LOGO wrote:

In my postcode, ITV Digital said I could not receive Digital
Terrestrial, so I am dependent on Free-To-View SKY to receive FIVE.

I can not receive FIVE via an analogue Ariel.

I'm in the same situation, there are not many programs on five that I care
about but I was looking forward to Alias season 2 which five have bought the
rights too. I just hope if I lose those channels it will become available on
DVD sometime.
--
Adrian