Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers.

Old January 19th 08, 12:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Colin Stamp

Default Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers.

Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying a set of decent 2.1 speakers so replace the
cheap Creative ones I currently use with my TV. I want some with
remote control for volume, bass and treble. So far, Altec Lansing
FX4021 seems to be the front runner.

One possible problem though, could be that I've modified the TV to cut
the mains power to the speakers when I turn it off. That's fine of the
current speakers with their mechanical volume control, but does
anyone know if the FX4021s will lose their settings when the TV cuts
the mains?

I suppose I should also ask if they're any good...

Cheers,

Colin.