DOGs

Old January 7th 08, 04:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D.Smith

Default DOGs

You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the
following:

- On programmes, which I'm watching because I want to, there is an annoying
DOG. The broadcasters tell me that is because I'm too thick to remember
which channel for more than 5s, despite the face that if I'm watching NCIS
(say), I must be on Five (or FiveUS perhaps?).

- An adverts, where I find the same adverts appear on lots of different
channels and thus you can't tell one channel from the next, there are no
DOGs.

I suppose it's a straight case of "money talks" or "I've paid you a fortune
to put my corporate Logo on your channel - obscure it and die!

Paul DS.

Old January 7th 08, 06:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:12:38 -0000, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the
following:

Am I the only person in this group that doesn't think the world has
come to an end if they see a DOG on the screen? I caught up on last
weeks NCIS this morning and didn't notice the DOG once.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old January 7th 08, 06:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian

Paul D.Smith wrote:
You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the
following:

- On programmes, which I'm watching because I want to, there is an
annoying DOG. The broadcasters tell me that is because I'm too thick
to remember which channel for more than 5s, despite the face that if
I'm watching NCIS (say), I must be on Five (or FiveUS perhaps?).

- An adverts, where I find the same adverts appear on lots of
different channels and thus you can't tell one channel from the next,
there are no DOGs.

I suppose it's a straight case of "money talks" or "I've paid you a
fortune to put my corporate Logo on your channel - obscure it and die!

Paul DS.

I won't watch channels with DOGs!

Old January 8th 08, 06:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Netmask wrote:

Any CATS?

Funnily enough, the first UK broadcaster to use a full scale automated playout
system was Channel 4 back in 1982. The system automatically rolled the VTs and
put up captions etc, and was called 'CATS' :-)

--
Mark
Old January 8th 08, 07:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Light of Aria

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Paul D.Smith wrote:
You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the
following:

- On programmes, which I'm watching because I want to, there is an
annoying DOG. The broadcasters tell me that is because I'm too thick
to remember which channel for more than 5s, despite the face that if
I'm watching NCIS (say), I must be on Five (or FiveUS perhaps?).

- An adverts, where I find the same adverts appear on lots of
different channels and thus you can't tell one channel from the next,
there are no DOGs.

I suppose it's a straight case of "money talks" or "I've paid you a
fortune to put my corporate Logo on your channel - obscure it and die!

Paul DS.

I won't watch channels with DOGs!

Nor I. And there is nothing I miss or can't source via DVD / DVD rip.

I actually deleted Channel 5 from my EPG since its DOG **** returned.

Old January 8th 08, 11:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Light of Aria" wrote in message
I actually deleted Channel 5 from my EPG since its DOG **** returned.

The action of a fanatic.

Old January 8th 08, 12:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John[_3_]

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
Paul D.Smith wrote:
You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the
following:

- On programmes, which I'm watching because I want to, there is an
annoying DOG. The broadcasters tell me that is because I'm too thick
to remember which channel for more than 5s, despite the face that if
I'm watching NCIS (say), I must be on Five (or FiveUS perhaps?).

- An adverts, where I find the same adverts appear on lots of
different channels and thus you can't tell one channel from the next,
there are no DOGs.

I suppose it's a straight case of "money talks" or "I've paid you a
fortune to put my corporate Logo on your channel - obscure it and die!

Paul DS.

I won't watch channels with DOGs!

That's called "cutting your nose off to spite your face" and won't help in
getting them removed.

John

Old January 8th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John[_3_]

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
You're all probably more observant than me but I've just noticed the
following:

- On programmes, which I'm watching because I want to, there is an
annoying DOG. The broadcasters tell me that is because I'm too thick to
remember which channel for more than 5s, despite the face that if I'm
watching NCIS (say), I must be on Five (or FiveUS perhaps?).

Or FX (Sky 165) - which is the channel that gets the series first, then it
moves onto 5.

John

Old January 8th 08, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
fred

In article , Bill Wright
writes

"Light of Aria" wrote in message
I actually deleted Channel 5 from my EPG since its DOG **** returned.

The action of a fanatic.

Probably true but with the ridiculously intrusive DOGs on ITV2-4 I'm
inclined to follow suit for them.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla