Pace Twin Glitches

Old July 24th 03, 10:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

Default Pace Twin Glitches

I'm still having a number of problems with my Pace Twin, do these sound
familiar to anyone else?

1) Freezing, as well described in Roger Wilmut's thread "Pace Twin freezes".

2) Missed recordings as already described in great detail here. I agree
with ideas about disk space/fgragmentation being the most common culprit.

3) Lock up when using the remote, requiring power cycling to regain control.
I've not been able to pin this down any more than this, perhaps it's some
accidentally pressed combination of buttons (IMO they're too close
together).

4) 'Jitter' - last night as I was watching in bed, BBC 24 suddenly started
behaving like a CD or DVD that was jumping. I tried to turn it off with
the remote, but it wouldn't respond. I had to power cycle it to regain
control. Although this is not common, it's not the first time it has
occurred.

5) Failing to go to the correct bookmark. I regularly watch/listen to
sci-tech mag progs such as 'Click Online' on BBC 24 and 'Science In Action'
on the BBC WS, and as each topic starts press the Clip button to insert a
bookmark in case I need to review it. Frequently when I subsequently try
and use the navigation buttons or try and choose a particular mark via the
menu system, it consistently goes to an earlier mark or the start of the
program. The marks are there but you can't go to them. Maddening.

Old July 24th 03, 11:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Edward Holt

"Java Jive" wrote in message
[...]

I definately have a problem with the box freezing when watching and
requiring a reboot.
It also has a problem coming out of standby which again requires a reboot.

It is certainly the most unreliable piece of technology I have in the
house - TV, CDR, DVD, MICROWAVE, CD player etc.
Even my PC with XP has a better reliability rating (in my opinion).

But, that said, I it's just an irritation rather than a problem.

Old July 25th 03, 06:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Edward Holt

"Jim Barry" wrote in message

"Java Jive" wrote:
I'm still having a number of problems with my Pace Twin,
do these sound familiar to anyone else?

Yes. Let's see if today's download helps.

- Jim

Looks like we'll have to wait - http://www.pacefreetoview.co.uk/02ee.asp

Old July 25th 03, 10:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Ashby

"Java Jive" wrote in message
I'm still having a number of problems with my Pace Twin, do these sound
familiar to anyone else?

1) Freezing, as well described in Roger Wilmut's thread "Pace Twin

freezes".

2) Missed recordings as already described in great detail here. I agree
with ideas about disk space/fgragmentation being the most common culprit.

no. software is the culprit. this problem has been reported on nearly new
boxes. In fact my first ever scheduled recordings were missed.

Old July 27th 03, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stradling, Ed

I haven't had any missed recordings but I have the freezing problem now and
again when i channel hop and have to power it up again - v annoying