New Pioneer Freeview Box

Old July 24th 03, 11:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chimp

Default New Pioneer Freeview Box

This looks even better than the new Sony

Freeview Set-Top Receiver for free terrestrial radio and TV channels
Optical Digital Output
Dolby Digital Bitstream Output for future proofing
RF loop through/modulator out Connectable with any TV without SCART
connector
Auto Quick set-up (It takes only 2 minutes)
Auto software update
New channels added automatically when available
User friendly GUI
Over 400 TV brands' code preset remote inc Pioneer, Sony, Philips,
Panasonic, Toshiba, JVC, etc.
2 x SCART socket with RGB/S-Video/Composite output
Video snapshot Storing Around Still 15 images (Depend on data size of
images)
Screen saver For radio channels
Programme timer (up to 10 programmes with Direct setting from EPG/Banner
Channel skip Possible to skip radio channels and/or interactive channels
(like BBCi)

There are pictures and spec on my site (No price as yet though)

Old July 24th 03, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mal Franks

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:15:32 +0100 Thorin sat down and started singing
about gold. Gandalf entered. Gandalf said "Hurry up". After being
threatened with a cloven skull from one well placed blow, Chimp said:

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/dbrtf100/index.htm

Tasty. Been thinking about getting a set top box so that i can watch
progs in widescreen when the sky digibox is being recorded from. Looks
like it may be worth waiting til this little beauty's released.

--
Mal Franks
]
Old July 24th 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chimp

"Mal Franks" wrote in message
t...
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:15:32 +0100 Thorin sat down and started singing
about gold. Gandalf entered. Gandalf said "Hurry up". After being
threatened with a cloven skull from one well placed blow, Chimp said:

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/dbrtf100/index.htm

Tasty. Been thinking about getting a set top box so that i can watch
progs in widescreen when the sky digibox is being recorded from. Looks
like it may be worth waiting til this little beauty's released.

Be even nicer if somebody on freeview starts broadcasting DD 5.1, of course
they would have to broadcast MPEG audio still as the first audio stream for
backward compatibilty, but other than that there is no reason why not

Old July 25th 03, 11:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Tindale

Yet another potentially nice unit
that nevertheless requires a complete television
to be powered up simply to choose and know
which channel you're on
when listening to the radio channels.
This world shortage of
numeric displays
is really hitting us hard.

--
Ian Tindale
Old July 25th 03, 12:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25 Jul 2003 10:09:17 GMT, Ian Tindale wrote:

Yet another potentially nice unit
that nevertheless requires a complete television
to be powered up simply to choose and know
which channel you're on
when listening to the radio channels.

Why can't you just key in the channel number?
Old July 25th 03, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
anthony james

Ian Tindale wrote in message ...
Yet another potentially nice unit
that nevertheless requires a complete television
to be powered up simply to choose and know
which channel you're on
when listening to the radio channels.
This world shortage of
numeric displays
is really hitting us hard.

Irritating isnt it? i'm just keep using my painfully slow Nokia
ONDigital box until one of the manufacurers sees sense and spends a
little on the display rather than an optical out/second scart/Rf out
that i dont need.
Old July 25th 03, 07:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
jackal

Irritating isnt it? i'm just keep using my painfully slow Nokia
ONDigital box until one of the manufacurers sees sense and spends a
little on the display rather than an optical out/second scart/Rf out
that i dont need.

Why not just go into your word processor, make a list of all the radio
channels and their corresponding channel numbers (in a small font), print
the list and then cut it down and stick it to the back of the remote
control? In time you may even learn all the channel numbers

Old July 26th 03, 12:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Tindale

In article , K wrote:
On 25 Jul 2003 10:09:17 GMT, Ian Tindale wrote:

Yet another potentially nice unit
that nevertheless requires a complete television
to be powered up simply to choose and know
which channel you're on
when listening to the radio channels.

Why can't you just key in the channel number?

I can. You'll notice that I didn't say I couldn't. However:
There's no way of knowing what you've keyed in successfully,
and there's no way of knowing what channel you're on
if you've not just recently keyed in a number and remembered it
and it happened to be the one you thought you keyed in.

--
Ian Tindale
Old July 26th 03, 12:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Tindale

In article , jackal wrote:
Irritating isnt it? i'm just keep using my painfully slow Nokia
ONDigital box until one of the manufacurers sees sense and spends a
little on the display rather than an optical out/second scart/Rf out
that i dont need.

Why not just go into your word processor, make a list of all the radio
channels and their corresponding channel numbers (in a small font), print
the list and then cut it down and stick it to the back of the remote
control? In time you may even learn all the channel numbers

Why don't you just go into your word processor and do it, and send it to me.

--
Ian Tindale
Old July 28th 03, 11:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

On 25 Jul 2003 23:15:28 GMT, Ian Tindale wrote:

Why can't you just key in the channel number?

I can. You'll notice that I didn't say I couldn't. However:
There's no way of knowing what you've keyed in successfully,
and there's no way of knowing what channel you're on
if you've not just recently keyed in a number and remembered it
and it happened to be the one you thought you keyed in.

Err - doesn't the sound coming out of the speakers give you a clue?
If not then I suspect it doesn't matter if your on the right channel
or not :-)