DEC 1000

Old July 23rd 03, 11:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mat Overton

Default DEC 1000

Any reason to get a Dec 1000? Considering the price and limitations compared
to a normal digy box, what's the point?

Old July 24th 03, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:32:12 +0100, "Mat Overton"
wrote:

| Any reason to get a Dec 1000? Considering the price and limitations compared
| to a normal digy box, what's the point?

There is no point :-(

The DEC 1000 is IMO a *very* poor digibox.
I have one because it is small and works on 12 V for the caravan.
It works with an Orion C1001SLTX 12V TV combined with Video recorder.

There is something wrong with video recording from digiTV, I have not
worked out what.

There is no feed through of analogue from digibox to TV.

The size button on the infra red control does not work, and is documented
as not working. I thus have to watch everything on TV a bit tall.

It is not as RF sensitive as the other two digiboxes we have, a Thomson and
a Grundig, it breaks up on ITV which the others recieve well.

Dave Fawthrop Some of my Hobbies: VDU Glasses
http://tinyurl.com/c3lh, Wordlists http://tinyurl.com/c3lj, Celtic fonts
http://tinyurl.com/c3ll, Killfile&Anti Troll FAQs http://tinyurl.com/c3lo
Tyke Dialect http://tinyurl.com/c3ls Curry Project, http://tinyurl.com/1q6