Cheapest way to get E4

Old July 22nd 03, 05:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
dr. mabuse

Default Cheapest way to get E4

I'm moving and want pay TV, but all I really want is Sky One and E4. What's the
cheapest package, whether Satellite or cable that'll get me my desires?

- dr. mabuse

"I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when I have to pee I use the
kitchen sink" - Homer Simpson

Old July 22nd 03, 06:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

dr. mabuse writes
I'm moving and want pay TV, but all I really want is Sky One and E4. What's the
cheapest package, whether Satellite or cable that'll get me my desires?

If you live in an NTL area; to get Sky One and E4, you'll need the
Family Pack which costs GBP28 per month. If you can live without E4,
then the Base Pack costs just GBP18 per month. NTL's Analogue Access
Pack costs GB11.99 and includes both channels - but apparently they
don't normally sell this package if you live in a digital coverage area.

If you live in a Telewest area; to get Sky One & E4, you'll need the
Essential package which costs GBP18.50 per month. If you can live
without E4 then the Starter pack costs GBP13.50 per month. GBP50
installation fee.

All the NTL and Telewest packages include telephone line rental, so if
you ditch BT you would save the monthly cost of your BT line rental.

For Sky, to get Sky One and E4, you'll need the Family Pack which costs
GBP18.50 per month. If you can live without E4 then the Value pack
costs GBP12.50 per month.

So if you factor in the cost of your telephone line then the cable
packages will be far cheaper for your needs.

--
Dave