Petition: Attach Warning Labels to thick people!

Old July 9th 07, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Petition: Attach Warning Labels to thick people!

In article ,
TJY wrote:
How about a petition for people to be taught how to use their common
sense and read the technicad details?

'Technicad' details? Don't people with common sense know how to use a
spell checker?

However, just try getting a copy of the technical details in most shops
that sell TVs. Of course they will be there in the instruction book -
after you've bought it.

I recently saw a small widescreen set in Tesco I was interested in. No
'technical details' on display - or was the set actually on demonstration.
I asked a member of staff if it had a FreeView tuner. About 10 minutes
later I got the answer - no. A label would have saved my time and his.

--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old July 9th 07, 10:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Andy Burns

However, just try getting a copy of the technical details in most shops
that sell TVs. Of course they will be there in the instruction book -
after you've bought it.

A TV is hardly an implulse purchase, find manuals on the internet, visit
shop, ward-off the "sales assistants" and play with it for half an hour.
Old July 9th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Burns wrote:
However, just try getting a copy of the technical details in most shops
that sell TVs. Of course they will be there in the instruction book -
after you've bought it.

A TV is hardly an implulse purchase, find manuals on the internet, visit
shop, ward-off the "sales assistants" and play with it for half an hour.

A TV for a bedroom etc may well be an impulse purchase. Otherwise places
like small Tescos wouldn't bother taking up shelf space with them.

--
*Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool*

Old July 9th 07, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Alan White

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:16:36 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

A TV is hardly an implulse purchase,

Our Sony Bravia was bought on impulse.

--