Calculate your carbon footprint

Old July 4th 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Lord Turkey Cough

Default Calculate your carbon footprint

http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm

Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).

And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

So the solution to global warming is to murder 1/6 of the worlds
population.

George Bush has already made an early start on that in Iraq.

Who said he was not green?

Old July 5th 07, 03:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Raving

On Jul 4, 6:44 pm, "Lord Turkey Cough" wrote:
http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm

Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).

And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

So the solution to global warming is to murder 1/6 of the worlds
population.

ROTLMAO!

(**Note** the slope in the graphs below is misleading and not to
scale)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:India-demography.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:China-demography.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:V...demography.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Syria-demography.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:T...demography.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...demography.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C...demography.png

George Bush has already made an early start on that in Iraq.

Who said he was not green?

Let's celebrate global warming, eh.

Old July 5th 07, 07:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Dr Hfuhruhurr

On 4 Jul, 23:44, "Lord Turkey Cough" wrote:
http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm

Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).

And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

And low and behold there's nothing us puny humans can do about it!
Didn't I mention that already?

Doc

Old July 5th 07, 07:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.misc
Andy Burns

On 04/07/2007 23:44, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

[uk.legal dropped]

http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm
Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).
And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

Now turn the "efficency of economy" knob to the right ...

--
Statistics are like a bikini, what they reveal is suggestive,
but what they conceal is vital - Aaron Levenstein.
Old July 5th 07, 09:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Dead Paul

On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 22:44:45 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm

Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).

And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

So the solution to global warming is to murder 1/6 of the worlds
population.

George Bush has already made an early start on that in Iraq.

Who said he was not green?

All this "carbon footprint" claptrap is softening up to get you ready
for more taxes.

Global warming is due to fluctuations in the Sun. Several planets in the
solar system are now known to be warming also.

--
___ _______ ___ ___ ___ __ ____
/ _ \/ __/ _ | / _ \ / _ \/ _ |/ / / / /

Old July 5th 07, 08:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Phil Randal

Dead Paul wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 22:44:45 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm

Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).

And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

So the solution to global warming is to murder 1/6 of the worlds
population.

George Bush has already made an early start on that in Iraq.

Who said he was not green?

All this "carbon footprint" claptrap is softening up to get you ready
for more taxes.

Global warming is due to fluctuations in the Sun. Several planets in the
solar system are now known to be warming also.

That myth is debunked he

http://reasic.com/2007/07/04/reasic-...green-options/

Old July 5th 07, 10:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Cynic

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 21:18:01 +0100, Phil Randal
wrote:

Global warming is due to fluctuations in the Sun. Several planets in the
solar system are now known to be warming also.

That myth is debunked he

http://reasic.com/2007/07/04/reasic-...green-options/

Debunked huh? The theory was proposed by the head of Russia's space
research. Someone calling him/herself "reasic" has a contrary
opinion. Please point me to reasic's qualifications.

What I see is a similar thing happening to planets as to Earth, and a
similar thing happening to what has happened several times before.
But even though the changes that matter are the same, we are told that
the cause is *completely* different to anything that is happening
elsewhere or in the past, based on theory rather than solid
experimental data (which would be impossible to do on the scale
involved)

More reasonable perhaps to believe that the same factors are at least
partially responsible, if not the main factors.

but whatever the real case, it is difficult to see that we could make
any significant difference in any *practical* way. So rather than
trying to stop the inevitable, surely it is better to start preparing
for the outcome - whatever it is being caused by?

--
Cynic

Old July 5th 07, 10:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Lord Turkey Cough

"Phil Randal" wrote in message
Dead Paul wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 22:44:45 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

http://www.bestfootforward.com/carbonlife.htm

Now change the values to give the lowest result possible (by cheating).

And low and behold we still need 1.2 planets.

So the solution to global warming is to murder 1/6 of the worlds
population.

George Bush has already made an early start on that in Iraq.

Who said he was not green?

All this "carbon footprint" claptrap is softening up to get you ready
for more taxes.

Global warming is due to fluctuations in the Sun. Several planets in the
solar system are now known to be warming also.

That myth is debunked he

http://reasic.com/2007/07/04/reasic-...green-options/

Of course that is b*llocks what kind of moron could beleive the follow
clap trap:-

"These fluctuations change the tilt of Earth’s axis and its distance from
the sun and are
thought to be responsible for the waxing and waning of ice ages on Earth."

Of course that is complete and utter b*llox. Any fool would know a change in
the tilt
would merely cause a movement in the position of the ice caps, it would not
cause them
to demenish.

It's hard to believe anyone can be so stupid.

An change in tilt would just shift the ice caps as it would on earth.

Old July 5th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Lord Turkey Cough

Dead Paul wrote:
[...]

And anyone who has seen Venus in the night sky recently glowing
like a 100 watt bulb will know the Sun is extremely active. I noticed
it and I am not an astronemer or even looking for it. You could not help but
notice it.

Old July 5th 07, 11:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc,alt.astronomy
Raving

"Lord Turkey Cough" wrote in ...

Dead Paul wrote:
[...]

[alt.astronomy added to the distribution]