BT Vision of Hell

Old May 22nd 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bob

Default BT Vision of Hell

See:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/113688/m...n-of-hell.html

Old May 22nd 07, 05:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Robert Wilson

Bob wrote:
See:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/113688/m...n-of-hell.html

Hi,
I got a call from someone from Sky offering me a Sky+ box. Does it
really work without any subscription? I mean the PVR bit?

Cheers,

Rob.
Old May 22nd 07, 05:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ben

Robert Wilson wrote:
Hi,
I got a call from someone from Sky offering me a Sky+ box. Does it
really work without any subscription? I mean the PVR bit?

Cheers,

Rob.

From July 1st the Sky+ functionality will be free, provided you are
subscribed to any Sky digital package.
Old May 22nd 07, 05:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ben

Bob wrote:
See:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/113688/m...n-of-hell.html

What did the guy expect? He's clearly had dealings with BT before as he
gets broadband from them - he should have known it would be like this.
Old May 23rd 07, 10:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian W

"Ben" wrote in message

From July 1st the Sky+ functionality will be free, provided you are
subscribed to any Sky digital package.

Yep, I'm gonna re-subscribe to a 2-mix pack for only an extra fiver a month

Old May 23rd 07, 11:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
funkmish

Robert Wilson wrote:
Bob wrote:
See:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/113688/m...n-of-hell.html

Hi,
I got a call from someone from Sky offering me a Sky+ box. Does it
really work without any subscription? I mean the PVR bit?

Currently, there is a 10 per month charge to use the PVR features of a
sky+ box. This charge is waived if you subscribe to at least 2 Sky
movies or sports channels.

From July 1st the charge will be waived for anyone on any sky digital
package, even the cheapest.

If you want the PVR functionality but don't want to subscribe to any sky
TV package at all, the 10 per month charge remains in place.