Telewest Widescreen problems

Old July 21st 03, 08:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Philip Rayne

Default Telewest Widescreen problems

My setup top box is configured to output 16:9. This works fine for a
while - programs are correctly churned out in 16:9 and 4:3 formats where
appropriate. Every now and then I will switch the TV on and a program that
is supposed to be in 16:9 is being churned out in 4:3 format (and I don't
mean its 16:9 squished into a 4:3 box). I have to go into the set top box
settings and switch the output to 4:3, and then back to 16:9 before that
program is correctly output in 16:9 format.

Could someone please tell me if anyone else has experienced this?

I have tried talking to both the Telewest Engineers and the support staff
and they keep saying it must be my TV. I personally don't see how. The
last engineer who came out said that it might be something to do with a pin
(not pin 8) which might be telling the box to output in 4:3.

I have had the box replaced and still get the problem. The engineer said
the signal is OK. So I figured it must be a software bug. Anyone any
ideas?