E4+1, higher resolution than E4.

Old March 17th 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Roberts

Default E4+1, higher resolution than E4.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:06:44 +0000 (GMT), "Mark Fraser (News)"
wrote:

It could do with being rewritten by someone who's idea of an HTML editor is
MS office. There are huge chunks of HTML in there that isn't doing anything.

But at the end of the day... so what? Not everyone has the time or
interest to devote to learning how to code HTML in Notepad or
whatever. Speaking from my own experience, I run a very popular niche
website which I've always constructed using Front Page. I simply don't
have the time or interest to learn how to do it from scratch or to
learn to use a more respected (which seems these days simply to be a
snobbish euphemism for non-MS) package. If I had to do that, I
probably wouldn't bother running the site and my readers would be
unhappy.

Does it REALLY matter if there's a few k of redunant code in there, as
long is it displays correctly in major browsers such as IE or Firefox?

The guy has used the tools available to him to build a really useful
little page. Rather than by castigated for not doing it "properly", I
think he should be commended for doing it at all!

Steve

The Doctor Who Restoration Team Website
http://www.restoration-team.co.uk
Old March 18th 07, 09:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Slitheen

wrote:

[...]

I must agree. It's legible, and that's all that matters to me.