Just had a new 32" LCD TV but??

Old March 14th 07, 02:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

Default Just had a new 32" LCD TV but??

In article ,
Turkey Cough wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
Turkey Cough wrote:

"the dog from that film you saw"
wrote
in message ...

"Turkey Cough" wrote in message

Oh what do I do?

Take a course in English Grammer ?

How ironic !

I do think you meant ironical? Or are you having a laugh?

probably commenting on your phrase "English Grammer".

Whoops!! I meant English grammer!!

How embarassing.

Not English grammar ?

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old March 14th 07, 03:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Turkey Cough

"charles" wrote in message
Turkey Cough wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
Turkey Cough wrote:

"the dog from that film you saw"
wrote
in message ...

"Turkey Cough" wrote in message

Oh what do I do?

Take a course in English Grammer ?

How ironic !

I do think you meant ironical? Or are you having a laugh?

probably commenting on your phrase "English Grammer".

Whoops!! I meant English grammer!!

How embarassing.

Not English grammar ?

No.
--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11

Old March 14th 07, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian A

Ken wrote:
"Adrian A" wrote in message
mike wrote:
"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in news:45f73076$0$22128$db0fefd9
@news.zen.co.uk:

Do you have one or have you seen one in action?
It looks good - may be slim but weighing 53kg - heavy!!

That's the main reason I changed to LCD when I renewed last time;
it's a 2 man job shifting it, and I live alone.

I'm not poor so I got what I thought was a good one.

It was orrible.

Now I'm happy again with a CRT and a mountain of dust etc behind it.

mike

I think I could manage 53kg, my 36" widescreen Sony CRT is over 90kg
definately a two man job.

Not seen them in the shops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any for about three years since I bought mine.

Old March 14th 07, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
the dog from that film you saw

"Turkey Cough" wrote in message

Oh what do I do?

Take a course in English Grammer ?

How ironic !

I do think you meant ironical? Or are you having a laugh?

I was commenting on the fact that you pulled someone up on their GRAMMAR
while spelling the word GRAMMAR incorrectly.

--
Gareth.
A french man who wanted a castle threw his cat into a pond.

Old March 14th 07, 04:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JPG

On 14 Mar, 17:00, "the dog from that film you saw"
wrote:
"Turkey Cough" wrote in message

Oh what do I do?

Take a course in English Grammer ?

How ironic !

I do think you meant ironical? Or are you having a laugh?

I was commenting on the fact that you pulled someone up on their GRAMMAR
while spelling the word GRAMMAR incorrectly.

--
Gareth.
A french man who wanted a castle threw his cat into a pond.http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/dsbmusic/

He would 'of' spelt it grammAr but was being ironic.

Old March 14th 07, 09:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Slitheen

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
In , "Ken" Reply to NG only
wrote:

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
It would be helpful if the OP could post again with the make/model of
the TV just so that we can check that it has a proper DTT tuner before
we go any further?

Dabsvalue Digimate LTV 3203H. Sorry it is a cheapo!!!!

Hmm. Cheap or not, it's over 8 years since the launch of DTT and those
evil manufacturers are STILL producing and selling analogue-only TVs.
The physical ratio of that TV is proper 16:9 (some of the nastier LCDs
are 15:9 would you believe!), and it can decode 720p HDTV... but it
hasn't got a DTT tuner :-(

Ok then my thoughts on the problem you posted about - if it's only got
zoom, full or subtitle, and in 4:3 mode you see black lines around it
you must be feeding it an analogue signal and using its own analogue
tuner. It's lacking the 14:9 zoom mode which would fill the full height.
In your boat I would return it under the Distance Selling Directive and
do a bit more research before buying another one :-)

Good advice and I have just completed the online returns procedure and got
my returns number and they are coming for it Thursday. What really made my
mind up is my 7 year old CRT 28" Bush only a 200 job and I know not in
the top league but we have it in the bedroom. We have just been comparing
the two side by side and the picture, in our opinion, is sharper and all
round better than the new LCD.

But where on earth do I go from here as one poster said he was glad to get
back to CRT - shall I and are they all cheap and nasty being phased out in
favour of the LCD screens. Or do I need to pay a heck of a lot more, for a
LCD, and will that guarantee a satisfactory picture, etc.

HELP!!!!

Samsung make 'HD Ready', widescreen CRT's. Argos sell them......best of both
worlds in my opinion.

Old March 15th 07, 06:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ken

"Slitheen" wrote in message

"Ken" Reply to NG only wrote in message

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
In , "Ken" Reply to NG only
wrote:

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Took a look at them in Comet yesterday. I am taking a break from thinking
about it for a while. I had a 28" CRT's in my lounge and bedroom. It was the
bedroom one that bust but I have a spare 21" CRT in the spare bedroom so
will use that in my bedroom until I can get up some enthusiasm to look
again. Perhaps the bust 28" one could be repaired?