How many DTT muxes after switchover?

Old March 14th 07, 05:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Slitheen

Default How many DTT muxes after switchover?

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Edster wrote:
Mike Henry wrote in message

"Sky is to postpone plans to take its channels off Freeview and is
considering showing football on Sky One

Great. More schedules ****ed up to make room for some blokes kicking a
ball about and kissing each other.

Does anybody actually bother to watch Sky One ? Surely it's cheaper to buy
the DVD boxed sets of whatever series you might want to watch, and view
them without DOGs, commercials, or ILR reject continuity announcers
jabbering all over the end credits ?

Bittorent is even cheaper still. You can watch Lost and 24 etc mere hours
after they're shown in the states - and all commercials are already neatly
edited for you. Of course you can still buy the DVD's when they're available
here, as I do with my favourite shows like the two above, but one doesn't
have to line Murdoch's pockets while you wait for them.

Old March 14th 07, 09:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Slitheen

Edster wrote:
Mike Henry wrote in message

[...]

American TV also puts a lot less junk on screen during programmes. The
logos are much smaller, almost transparent, and at the bottom of the
screen where they won't cover up people's faces. And there are no
coming next banners or writing across the top of the screen
advertising other programmes later in the week.

Perhaps in the main, but unfortunately not the case with the US Sci-Fi
channel. They are the worst for logos and text for advertising the upcoming
prog - which plague my Battlestar Galactica downloads. They're only to make
do until I can buy R2 DVD sets though, so no worries.

Still way better than lining Murdoch's pockets though. I have never paid Sky
a penny, and I don't intend to start. If there's a match on I want to see, I
go down the pub and by a couple of bottles of coke (tea total). If I want to
watch Lost and 24 etc, I download the torrents.

Old March 16th 07, 01:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Slitheen

"Edster" wrote in message
"Slitheen" wrote in message

American TV also puts a lot less junk on screen during programmes. The
logos are much smaller, almost transparent, and at the bottom of the
screen where they won't cover up people's faces. And there are no
coming next banners or writing across the top of the screen
advertising other programmes later in the week.

Perhaps in the main, but unfortunately not the case with the US Sci-Fi
channel. They are the worst for logos and text for advertising the
upcoming
prog - which plague my Battlestar Galactica downloads. They're only to
make
do until I can buy R2 DVD sets though, so no worries.

The Scifi channel in the UK is unwatchable because of all the junk
they put on screen, so it wouldn't really surprise me if the US
version was almost as bad. The real problem here though, is that even
channels like BBC2 and ITV1 are going down that route.

Yip, perhaps it is the future of our TV? :'(