Sound dropping out

Old February 3rd 07, 09:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim Hall

Default Sound dropping out

I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is
it my STB or CP?

Tim
Old February 3rd 07, 10:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
leon

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is
it my STB or CP?

Tim

Been the same here (S Wales) so it is down to film 4, also notice audio sync
problems with channel 4/ film 4/ e4/ more 4 whenever they show movies.

Old February 3rd 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim Hall

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 23:31:36 GMT, "leon" wrote:

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
.. .
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is
it my STB or CP?

Tim

Been the same here (S Wales) so it is down to film 4, also notice audio sync
problems with channel 4/ film 4/ e4/ more 4 whenever they show movies.

Phew! I was halfway to thinking I need to spend money for a minute.

Tim
Old February 4th 07, 12:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
kim

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is
it my STB or CP?

Does this dropout coincide with a fridge-freezer/central heating sytem
kicking in and out by any chance?

(kim)

Old February 4th 07, 01:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tate and Lyle

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

A very good film, given that I hardly ever watch films. I caught the start
of that and
watched it right through to the end, something I do about once a year, at
best.

Maybe you suffer from intermittant deafness?

Old February 4th 07, 05:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Heslop

Tate and Lyle wrote:

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

A very good film, given that I hardly ever watch films. I caught the start
of that and
watched it right through to the end, something I do about once a year, at
best.

Maybe you suffer from intermittant deafness?

If you haven't read any of Roddy Doyle's books you'll probably enjoy
them too, and the Commitments is part of a kind of mini collection
called the Barrytown Trilogy - great writer that man, though his later
stuff seems to be getting more serious

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old February 4th 07, 08:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Tim Hall wrote:
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is
it my STB or CP?

C4 were having glitches here (Hannington Tx) at around 21:00hrs last night.
They weren't MPEG style, they were green and magenta flashes synonymous with
SDI errors. In other words a problem at their end, not ours.

--
Mark
Old February 5th 07, 08:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Schofield

"Tim Hall" wrote in message
I'm watching "The Commitments" on Film4 at the moment, from Crystal
Palace via a Ferguson STB.

The sound drops out for a smidgin of a second every now and then. Is
it my STB or CP?

Tim

We watched this during last week and it did it then as well - sounds like a
problem at Film4

--
Paul Schofield

Old February 6th 07, 08:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

In article , "Paul Schofield"
paul_AT_sonifex_DOT_co_DOT_uk says...

Same here. Film-****ed, methinks
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)

New music charts - http://dvdfever.co.uk/music.shtml
DVDfever Youtube Channel - http://youtube.com/user/DVDfever