Help wiring Panasonic- TX32LxD60

Old January 29th 07, 09:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

Default Help wiring Panasonic- TX32LxD60

Yesturday I collected one of these 32" LCD TVs for an older friend, of
course they wished me to unpack and install.
It has Freeview built in.
They have an LG VCR, cheap?
An NTL cable box.

( The previous TV was anologue only.)

I was surprised the Freeview was better than the cable, anyway that's not
the piont of the post.
They still wanted to watch and record from cable.
I put scart from VCR into scart 1 of the new Tv, Cable box scart into VCR,
worked OK but no Cable sound from TV set.

I ended up with Cable scarted to AV1 of TV and VCR into AV2 of TV.
This meant I had to tune the LG VCR into the 5 anologue stations, it
previously had recorded from the cable box. This is why I questioned if LG
a cheap model as it is only 2 months old I expected it to auto tune it did
not.

At home I daisy chain my Sky and Freeview box throught Recorder into TV.
Because of the way I ended up I know scart leads are OK, any ideas for me
please?
If it had been my home equipment I would have messed about and experimented
for as long as it took, but at someone ealses home that was not possible
when they are present.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 29th 07, 10:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

[...]

This might help

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Peter Crosland

Old January 29th 07, 11:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

This might help

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Yes that did, good site.

A third scart that is needed between Cable box and VCR.

Just rung my friend he is going out to get one and will try to plug in
himself, I'm now awaiting his cry for help!

Thanks for your help.
--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 29th 07, 11:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

This might help

http://www.dtg.org.uk/consumer/connection_wizard.html

Yes that did, good site.

A third scart that is needed between Cable box and VCR.

Just rung my friend he is going out to get one and will try to plug in
himself, I'm now awaiting his cry for help!

Thanks for your help.

Don't thank me thank DTG! Lots of other useful stuff on their site as well.

Peter Crosland