Humax 9200T menu question

Old January 25th 07, 05:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hatpin

Default Humax 9200T menu question

Any other Hummy users come across this?

Sometimes, when I go into the menu and select 'Record', and get the
usual options ...

1 Recorded Programme
2 Recording Schedule
3 MP3
4 Digital Album
5 HDD Control
6 Recording's Start Time
7 Recording's End Time

.... options 3 to 7 are unavailable? It happens to me from time to
time, then corrects itself the next time I come to look. The machine
isn't busy recording or anything, and there doesn't seem to be any
pattern to this.

The software version is 1.00.08 (when does the new version come OTA?).
--
John Hatpin
Old January 25th 07, 06:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

"John Hatpin" .co.uk
wrote in message
Any other Hummy users come across this?

Sometimes, when I go into the menu and select 'Record', and get the
usual options ...

1 Recorded Programme
2 Recording Schedule
3 MP3
4 Digital Album
5 HDD Control
6 Recording's Start Time
7 Recording's End Time

... options 3 to 7 are unavailable? It happens to me from time to
time, then corrects itself the next time I come to look. The machine
isn't busy recording or anything, and there doesn't seem to be any
pattern to this.

I've only had this when it's recording. I expect it does it when it's
suffering from the "thinks it's recording" bug, but that can only be
corrected by a power cycle. The next time it happens, check if "Picture in
Picture" works - the failure of this (when it's not recording) is a sign of
the bug.

--
Max Demian

Old January 25th 07, 10:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

But I thought that in the wonderful world of Hummy ,this kind of thing
didn't happen!

Get a Toppy!

--
Legal Notice:
views.

It has removed 2905 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old January 28th 07, 01:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hatpin

Max Demian wrote:

"John Hatpin" .co.uk
wrote in message
[...]

Hmmm - it goes away after a while without power-cycling, or even going
into standby. By the time I got round to checking picture-in-picture,
the problem had cleared itself.

It's no biggie - it's an occasional probem, and I only use those
options from time to time to check HDD space. I was more puzzled than
irritated.

Thanks anyway.
--
John Hatpin