RSS Toppy

Old January 25th 07, 02:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
housetrained

Default RSS Toppy

Hi,
Anyone used the Toppy RSS download?
What's it like?

--
John

Old January 25th 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
madge

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:37:25 -0000, housetrained
wrote:

Hi,
Anyone used the Toppy RSS download?
What's it like?

Sparse
Old January 25th 07, 03:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:37:25 GMT, "housetrained"
wrote:

Hi,
Anyone used the Toppy RSS download?
What's it like?

Very quiet, but is worth subscribing to as it doesn't cost 'owt :-)
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old January 25th 07, 04:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

Oh!!! Please NO,NO,NO!!!

Let us please keep this Newsgroup free from the Hummies and the Toppies
otherwise it will become like the Digital Spy forums.....every nit-picking
detail of TAPs and the wonders of Hummy and its dual recordings and they
just go on and on....

--
Legal Notice:
views.

It has removed 2888 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old January 25th 07, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Nigel Whitfield

On 25 Jan, 14:37, "housetrained" wrote:
Hi,
Anyone used the Toppy RSS download?
What's it like?

Depends which one you mean; the main feed is the news, and it's
essentially the same as you'll see on www.toppy.org.uk/news.php so you
can get an idea from that page as to how what you'll see - the text of
the news items is the same as on the RSS feed.

So, there are probably only a couple of things on there a month - it's
a useful way to know when there's a new firmware, or important news
about the site, and if there were to be a new model announced, I
daresay I'd add an item.

The other feeds are slightly different; there's a software RSS which is
updated each time any details of an item in the software database are
amended, so you might get a dozen or so things a week - some of that
will be new versions of TAPs or other software, some will be tweaks to
their description (less often).

The other feed is the forum RSS, which shows you new topics.

You can get all of them via www.toppy.org.uk/feeds.php

Nigel.

Old January 25th 07, 10:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian C

Gendy wrote:
Oh!!! Please NO,NO,NO!!!

Let us please keep this Newsgroup free from the Hummies and the Toppies
otherwise it will become like the Digital Spy forums.....every nit-picking
detail of TAPs and the wonders of Hummy and its dual recordings and they
just go on and on....

Heh, I love my old TiVo....

Can I interest you in the beauty of a machine that can run a user
friendly EPG AND record a programme AND play back two [1] different
programmes AND do that all simultaneously using a 50MHz CPU and a design
that to date has not been bettered in the UK market (except the
wannabies with twin digital tuners).

TAP's? Pah!!!!! :-p

--
Adrian the Clown
Old January 25th 07, 11:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

Thank you all..but I am the happy owner of a TVonics DVR250 that allows me
to record and view as I wish and above all watch TV...not download dodgy
updates that give me a choice of 36 different colour schemes for the EPG
that days four days to populate.Also no helicopter noises from under the
telly with this Welsh designed and made DTT PVR.

Oh the bliss of simplicity....

--
Legal Notice:
views.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately.

It has removed 2905 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old January 26th 07, 07:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 22:47:04 +0000, Adrian C
wrote:

Can I interest you in the beauty of a machine that can run a user
friendly EPG AND record a programme AND play back two [1] different
programmes AND do that all simultaneously using a 50MHz CPU and a design
that to date has not been bettered in the UK market (except the
wannabies with twin digital tuners).

AND can ONLY record ONE programme at once.

Interest for me=0, will stick with my Toppy.

TAP's? Pah!!!!! :-p

TAP's rock! :-)
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old January 26th 07, 07:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
André Coutanche

Gendy wrote:
Thank you all..but I am the happy owner of a TVonics DVR250 that
allows me to record and view as I wish and above all watch TV...not
download dodgy updates that give me a choice of 36 different colour
schemes for the EPG that days four days to populate.Also no
helicopter noises from under the telly with this Welsh designed and
made DTT PVR.

Oh the bliss of simplicity....

My only reason for replying to this silliness is to prevent future
readers from being misled - there are no 'helicopter noises' from a
Topfield 5800 PVR. It has no fan and only in rare circumstances can
the hard disk be heard at all (and never in normal use with the tv
working).

André Coutanche

Old January 26th 07, 07:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
housetrained

WHAT A PLONKER!
I should have said: WSS not RSS. Sooooorry.
Since I posted I have realised that I use a lead which is scart at the
Topfield end and Component at the TV end. Probably it (the WSS) won't work
but I shall give it a try later today and report back tomorrow if possible.
Anyway, thanks for all your comments

--
John