RSS Toppy

Old January 28th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Nigel Whitfield

Default RSS Toppy

On 28 Jan, 01:33, "Gendy" wrote:

No wonder he seems so keen to convince us so forcefully that the Topfield
TF5800T is superior to all the other PVRs (except the Humax of course -
that's distributed by Turbosat too)

You're new round here, so perhaps you've not heard of the web site, or
read posts refering to it before. But it's not a secret that I run it.
Yes, I do think it's a good box - but equally, I know it has flaws.
That's why, for example, I keep the bugs database available to anyone.
It's not something any manufacturer would be likely to do.

It's obviously hard for you to accept - I think the Toppy is a good
machine because I've used it, I like it and, it is a good machine.
That's it. But I've also said before there are other units that might
be better for some users, depending on what they want to use, and
their circumstances. I usually, however, avoid making things up about
other boxes, if I make an incorrect statement about something, I'm
happy to be corrected.

Biased or unbiased ..you decide.

I think most people can manage that for themselves.

I do notice that hummy.org.uk is declared to be sponsored by Humax UK.So you
know where you are there.

And the Toppy forum is support by its users; and I've turned down
offers of financial support from Turbosat. If we were sponsored, it
would say so. When Turbosat do give things - like the competition
prizes, which help us raise money - then we say so, quite clearly.
Your problem with this is? Or perhaps you feel that doing something
off my own back is somehow suspect? That no one would run a site
because they thought a product was worth it, or interesting?

The astonishing thing is that DigitalSpy seem quite happy for this guy to
patrol their Forums to step in when anyone attempts to argue for other
machines against the Topfield but then like one or two others with thousands
of posts purporting to give independant help and advice - they do keep the
whole thing alive.

I patrol Digital Spy? In the thread you've so helpfully linked to,
I've given plenty of advice about PVRs in general, and I've corrected
errors in a couple of your assertions. I know you find the 'war on
error' difficult, but that's how forums work. I have said nothing
about the TVonics, a machine of which I have no experience.

You can gauge his response for yourself to the poster who said that his
Topfield might have no fan but it needed a brick on top of it because it
vibrated so much.

Well, indeed, if I had in fact been replying to someone's own direct
experience telling them that they were wrong, it would have been a
very rude post. But it was, actually, a reply to your wild assertion
that the box makes helicopter noises. A few reports of noise, when
most people report the opposite, does not make the Topfield a noisy
box in general.

BTW Nigel also has some interesting ideas on policing.

Yes, I do. And those, like other of my views, are based on direct
personal experience.

Nigel.

Old January 28th 07, 11:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian A

Gendy wrote:
For your delectation...

**** Off! you moronic top poster.