RSS Toppy

Old January 26th 07, 08:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

Default RSS Toppy

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:58:47 GMT, "housetrained"
wrote:

WHAT A PLONKER!
I should have said: WSS not RSS. Sooooorry.

Pardon my ignorance, what is WSS?
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old January 26th 07, 08:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:31:13 GMT, Bob Latham
wrote:

and only in rare circumstances can the hard disk be heard at all

True, in my case provided you have a house brick on top of the thing to
prevent the case vibrating.

You must be unlucky with your unit, mine doesn't make any noise
noticeable when the TV is playing. I had some minor vibration that was
causing the cabinet to resonate a bit, but a bit of foam under the
Toppy cured that.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Old January 26th 07, 09:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On Jan 26, 8:09 am, Andrew wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, what is WSS?

Wide Screen Switching. Toppy does provide this via Scart pin 8 (in
common with all other DTT and D-Sat boxes).

Old January 26th 07, 11:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan

In message , André
Coutanche wrote
Gendy wrote:
Thank you all..but I am the happy owner of a TVonics DVR250 that
allows me to record and view as I wish and above all watch TV...not
download dodgy updates that give me a choice of 36 different colour
schemes for the EPG that days four days to populate.Also no
helicopter noises from under the telly with this Welsh designed and
made DTT PVR.

Oh the bliss of simplicity....

My only reason for replying to this silliness is to prevent future
readers from being misled - there are no 'helicopter noises' from a
Topfield 5800 PVR. It has no fan and only in rare circumstances can
the hard disk be heard at all (and never in normal use with the tv
working).

And there is a TAP that can change the hard disk's acoustic management
settings

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old January 26th 07, 11:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

I warned you!..the Hummies and the Toppies go to war here just as they do on
DigitalSpy and it gets very irritating in every aspect other than it does
successfully deter the average punter looking for a PVR to replace his VCR
from buying the Topfield and the Humax since they are overspecified (both)
and unduely expensive (Topfield).

Look at the stuff they put on DigitalSpy..thousands of posts literally and
just you dare to say that for the average man shopping in Tesco there might
be something more appropriate to their needs than a "Hummy" or a "Toppy".

--
Legal Notice:
views.

It has removed 2917 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old January 26th 07, 11:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

Oh and of course, there is a total lack of anything resembling a sense of
humour....they take their Hummies and Toppies very seriously indeed....

"this silliness"..sounds like some spinster school ma'am with itchy thrush.
:-)

Old January 26th 07, 11:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

Just had a great idea....since TVonics is based in Wales (both hardware and
software design and manufacture) I think I'll call it the "Taffy" from now
on.

You have just got to laugh haven't you!

Old January 26th 07, 11:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On Jan 26, 11:37 am, "Gendy" wrote:
I warned you!..

Are you responding to me ?

Legal Notice:
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential

Err, it's not an e-mail, and it can't be confidential can it ?
Learn how to use Usenet please.

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private
users.

Well done.

Old January 26th 07, 02:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gendy

"Learn how to use Usenet please."...

"It is not an e-mail" etc....yes - the usual sneering put-downs typical of
the Hummy/Toppy brigade.

--
Legal Notice:
views.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately.
"Mark Carver" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jan 26, 11:37 am, "Gendy" wrote:
I warned you!..

Are you responding to me ?

Legal Notice:
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential

Err, it's not an e-mail, and it can't be confidential can it ?
Learn how to use Usenet please.

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private
users.

Well done.

It has removed 2927 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old January 26th 07, 02:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Nigel Whitfield

On 25 Jan, 23:28, "Gendy" wrote:
Thank you all..but I am the happy owner of a TVonics DVR250 that allows me
to record and view as I wish and above all watch TV...not download dodgy
updates that give me a choice of 36 different colour schemes for the EPG
that days four days to populate.Also no helicopter noises from under the
telly with this Welsh designed and made DTT PVR.

Ah; so this is what people do when they get banned from Digital Spy,
then?

I shall await your further ramblings, telling people incorrect
information about other PVRs, like you've been trying to do so hard on
DS.

You're wrong in so many ways, every time you open your mouth to
criticise the Topfield TF5800 that I can only wonder why you're
bothering to make up all the rubbish you post, since it can't be based
on even a brief experience with the machine.

Nigel.