SCART ribbon leads

Old January 19th 07, 09:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

Default SCART ribbon leads

The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really
practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable
plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I could
squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use the correct
one.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old January 19th 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Schofield

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really
practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable
plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I could
squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use the correct
one.

This type of cable is often supplied with regularly spaced areas where the
individual cables are separated so they can be soldered more easily. We use
some at work that have 500mm spacing, but the plastic sheath is thinner so
may not be suitable. If the smallest you can source is 750mm then that
probably is the smallest spacing and it's unlikely you'll get a shorter
lead.

--
Paul Schofield

Old January 19th 07, 10:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum
length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really
practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable
plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I
could squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use
the correct one.

0.35 and 0.5m versions here.
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...ml?id=KXUPGxjj
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old January 19th 07, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum
length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really
practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable
plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I
could squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use
the correct one.

0.35 and 0.5m versions here.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...ml?id=KXUPGxjj

Right - I'll have a measure up. Twice the CPC price, though. ;-)

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Old January 19th 07, 12:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul Schofield paul_AT_sonifex_DOT_co_DOT_uk wrote:
This type of cable is often supplied with regularly spaced areas where
the individual cables are separated so they can be soldered more easily.
We use some at work that have 500mm spacing, but the plastic sheath is
thinner so may not be suitable. If the smallest you can source is 750mm
then that probably is the smallest spacing and it's unlikely you'll get
a shorter lead.

Right. I'm not quite clear what you mean, though - would this make any
difference for a one off job? I've not cut one open but just assumed it
was a combination of co-ax and multi cores.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Old January 19th 07, 12:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really
practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable
plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I could
squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use the correct
one.

I got a .75 ribbon scart some time ago and used an elastic band to tie
up the slack (folded flat on back of itself)
Works a treat for me.

Doc

Old January 19th 07, 01:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum
length is 0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's
not really practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of
re-wirable plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible?
I know I could squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer
to use the correct one.

I got a .75 ribbon scart some time ago and used an elastic band to tie
up the slack (folded flat on back of itself)
Works a treat for me.

That's cheating. ;-)

--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Old January 19th 07, 01:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Zoidberg

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum
length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not
really practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of
re-wirable plugs of this configuration and also the cable if
possible? I know I could squeeze the cable into a standard plug but
I'd prefer to use the correct one.

0.35 and 0.5m versions here.

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...ml?id=KXUPGxjj

Right - I'll have a measure up. Twice the CPC price, though. ;-)

Yeah , they used to do their "own brand" flat cables which were cheaper and
excellent quality - I have a bunch at home

Old January 19th 07, 02:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote
The type that CPC do are ideal for my purpose, but their minimum length is
0.75 metre and too long. The plugs are moulded on, so it's not really
practical to modify the length. Anyone know of a source of re-wirable
plugs of this configuration and also the cable if possible? I know I could
squeeze the cable into a standard plug but I'd prefer to use the correct
one.

CPC do more than one ribbon cable SCART and the ones I purchased last
November have shells that clip off.

Details/pictures at
http://www.amac.f2s.com/scart/

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old January 19th 07, 03:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message

0.35 and 0.5m versions here.
http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tv...ml?id=KXUPGxjj