HD DVD player from Bush

Old January 3rd 07, 05:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

Default HD DVD player from Bush

Noted today the Bush HD DVD player ay my local electrical shop it is at a
good price but before I get one can anyone tell me if Bush are in the 114
makers in with Sony Blue Ray or the 2 or 3 in with Tohiba HD?

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 3rd 07, 05:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pyriform

David wrote:
Noted today the Bush HD DVD player ay my local electrical shop it is
at a good price but before I get one can anyone tell me if Bush are
in the 114 makers in with Sony Blue Ray or the 2 or 3 in with Tohiba
HD?

Neither. It isn't an HD player of either variety, despite what it says on
the box.

Old January 3rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

"Pyriform" wrote in message
David wrote:
Noted today the Bush HD DVD player ay my local electrical shop it is
at a good price but before I get one can anyone tell me if Bush are
in the 114 makers in with Sony Blue Ray or the 2 or 3 in with Toshiba
HD?

Neither. It isn't an HD player of either variety, despite what it says on
the box.

Seen the shops label.
Seen the product, front and back with its HDMi socket.
Front gives the HD resolution spec. etc.
Is there a third type of HD DVD then?
Surely Bush and the shop are not trying to con people.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old January 3rd 07, 06:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pyriform

David wrote:
"Pyriform" wrote:
David wrote:
Noted today the Bush HD DVD player ay my local electrical shop it is
at a good price but before I get one can anyone tell me if Bush are
in the 114 makers in with Sony Blue Ray or the 2 or 3 in with
Toshiba HD?

Neither. It isn't an HD player of either variety, despite what it
says on the box.

Seen the shops label.
Seen the product, front and back with its HDMi socket.
Front gives the HD resolution spec. etc.

So have I. They are lying. It's nothing more than an upscaling SD DVD
player. You might like to take it up with Trading Standards.

Is there a third type of HD DVD then?

Nope.

Surely Bush and the shop are not trying to con people.

You'd have to take that up with them. Either that or someone has made a
cock-up of epic proportions.

The shop is probably an innocent party - they could easily have been misled
by Bush, given the labelling. Get them to demonstrate it with an HD-DVD or
Blurry disk of their choice, if you don't believe me.

Old January 3rd 07, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian A

David wrote:
Noted today the Bush HD DVD player ay my local electrical shop it is
at a good price but before I get one can anyone tell me if Bush are
in the 114 makers in with Sony Blue Ray or the 2 or 3 in with Tohiba
HD?

Bush _do not_ make HD DVD players of any description.