Multi-function remote controls at Lidl

Old January 3rd 07, 01:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Linker3000

Default Multi-function remote controls at Lidl

Just in case it's useful to know - some Lidl branches currently have an
'8-in-1' preprogrammed + learning remote control for 4.99

I have bought a couple (one for lounge and one for bedroom) and they are
both working fine with a mix of TVs, CD players, DVD players/recorders,
a VCR and two brands of Freeview box.

Quality and build is fine for the money.
Old January 3rd 07, 11:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen Henson

In article , linker3000
@googleminushyphen-mail.com says...
Just in case it's useful to know - some Lidl branches currently have an
'8-in-1' preprogrammed + learning remote control for 4.99

I have bought a couple (one for lounge and one for bedroom) and they are
both working fine with a mix of TVs, CD players, DVD players/recorders,
a VCR and two brands of Freeview box.

Quality and build is fine for the money.

A possible warning, haven't tried the latest Lidl controls but...

Some of the previous Lidl/Aldi models had problems with Sky Digiboxes.
There was a preprogrammed setting that worked but it didn't handle all
the functions and the control wouldn't learn any additional functions
properly: it seemed to work but digibox didn't like it.

The coloured buttons weren't in the UK order either.

Lidl are usually very good at refunds though.

Steve.
Old January 3rd 07, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dr Hfuhruhurr

Stephen Henson wrote:

In article , linker3000
@googleminushyphen-mail.com says...
Just in case it's useful to know - some Lidl branches currently have an
'8-in-1' preprogrammed + learning remote control for 4.99

I have bought a couple (one for lounge and one for bedroom) and they are
both working fine with a mix of TVs, CD players, DVD players/recorders,
a VCR and two brands of Freeview box.

Quality and build is fine for the money.

A possible warning, haven't tried the latest Lidl controls but...

Some of the previous Lidl/Aldi models had problems with Sky Digiboxes.
There was a preprogrammed setting that worked but it didn't handle all
the functions and the control wouldn't learn any additional functions
properly: it seemed to work but digibox didn't like it.

The coloured buttons weren't in the UK order either.

Lidl are usually very good at refunds though.

I've got the Aldi 8-in-one remote and it works a treat on my TV, VCR,
DVD/HDD recorder, Freeview box and Surround Amp. It didn't have any of
the settings for my DVD or Freeview box but the learning function
worked just fine.

Doc