Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey

Old January 2nd 07, 03:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew

Default Topfield TF5800 PVR - the good, the bad and the noisey

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:34:41 GMT, Bob Latham
wrote:

Now the bad.
1) Out of 17 programs I set it to record - not one recorded the start and
end. Using the EPG to set record times is just awful and I always set
record times by hand on the Sony but the Toppy doesn't offer this.

3) It takes ages for the EPG to fill in when you switch it on. I've had to
wait 10 minutes to be able to set a recording time - not good! The Sony
is just there as soon as you switch on.

Install the eit2mei and MyStuff TAP's. Solves those issues and
improves a lot of other things like providing series links.
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com