Computer/ diigital TV

Old December 31st 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Computer/ diigital TV

I know this may not be a digital TV question. I have one of those new
computers with a TV card. Its supposed to be all pre installed and I
followed the instructions as far as I could figure them.Its a PC digital TV
with freeview and supposed to also record programmes either on DVD or hard
drive.

I have the computer running but cannot find the digital TV! Remote doesnt
seem to work.

Am I overlooking something here?

I have put in a jack plug that has an end that looks like a TV Arial . It
also comes with a " digital cable but I cant find any hole on the PC which
that would fit!

Would I be better connecting it into a proper TV Ariel?

Is there something I am not doing ( of course there must be).

Anyone got one of these or know about them?

Old December 31st 06, 11:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
[email protected] wrote:
I know this may not be a digital TV question. I have one of those new
computers with a TV card. Its supposed to be all pre installed and I
followed the instructions as far as I could figure them.Its a PC digital
TV with freeview and supposed to also record programmes either on DVD or
hard drive.

I have the computer running but cannot find the digital TV! Remote doesnt
seem to work.

With mine - DVB - it won't until you load the software. I have a shortcut
on the desktop to do this. If you don't you'll have to do it the other way.
Once running the remote works.

Am I overlooking something here?

I have put in a jack plug that has an end that looks like a TV Arial .
It also comes with a " digital cable but I cant find any hole on the PC
which that would fit!

Would I be better connecting it into a proper TV Ariel?

Even without any *aerial* the software should load and run the hardware.
Then you set about tuning it, etc.

Is there something I am not doing ( of course there must be).

Anyone got one of these or know about them?

On mine the EPG doesn't work. Anyone got a clue about that? It's a
DVB-T 100 PCI card.

--
*I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old December 31st 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , "[email protected]"
writes
I know this may not be a digital TV question. I have one of those new
computers with a TV card. Its supposed to be all pre installed and I
followed the instructions as far as I could figure them.Its a PC digital TV
with freeview and supposed to also record programmes either on DVD or hard
drive.

I have the computer running but cannot find the digital TV! Remote doesnt
seem to work.

Am I overlooking something here?

I have put in a jack plug that has an end that looks like a TV Arial . It
also comes with a " digital cable but I cant find any hole on the PC which
that would fit!

Would I be better connecting it into a proper TV Ariel?

Is there something I am not doing ( of course there must be).

Anyone got one of these or know about them?

There should be a TV application in the Start Menu.

Once your aerial is connected you need to open the application, and scan
for channels.

Unless you can see your local TV transmitter you probably need to use a
"proper" aerial.

--
Ian
Old January 1st 07, 12:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tate and Lyle

"[email protected]" wrote in message
I know this may not be a digital TV question. I have one of those new
computers with a TV card. Its supposed to be all pre installed and I
followed the instructions as far as I could figure them.Its a PC digital
TV
with freeview and supposed to also record programmes either on DVD or hard
drive.

I have the computer running but cannot find the digital TV! Remote doesnt
seem to work.

Am I overlooking something here?

I have put in a jack plug that has an end that looks like a TV Arial . It
also comes with a " digital cable but I cant find any hole on the PC which
that would fit!

Would I be better connecting it into a proper TV Ariel?

Is there something I am not doing ( of course there must be).

Anyone got one of these or know about them?

You post is a bit unclear. Is the software for the TV running?
Sound to me as if it is not.I would forget the remote for the moment
I am sure you can control it with your mouse. You need to ensure the
software is running for starters.I would start by looking what sotware is
running and also looking for sommmething in your programs folder which
should be running.

Old January 1st 07, 07:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tony

[email protected] wrote:
I know this may not be a digital TV question. I have one of those new
computers with a TV card.

A bit more info would help, it there a brand or model number? Did you
not get any instructions?

Its supposed to be all pre installed and I
followed the instructions as far as I could figure them.Its a PC digital TV
with freeview and supposed to also record programmes either on DVD or hard
drive.

Again do you know the brand/model of the DVB receiver?

I have the computer running but cannot find the digital TV! Remote doesnt
seem to work.

If its preinstalled it will be in the start menu somewhere.

Am I overlooking something here?

I have put in a jack plug that has an end that looks like a TV Arial . It
also comes with a " digital cable but I cant find any hole on the PC which
that would fit!

This doesn't make much sense.

There should be a coaxial socket for a TV aerial somewhere, usually in
one of the PCI slots. It might have an unusual socket like an F-type
(as used in satellite TV), you will need an adaptor. Don't confuse
phono sockets for TV sockets.

Would I be better connecting it into a proper TV Ariel?

Presumably you mean above that there is an aerial supplied, some sort of
stick or wire? Certainly a decent settop aerial will perform better
(log periodic is best in my experience). Any sensible manufacturer will
provide a normal TV aerial socket, as the aerial is the most important
bit that governs reception performance. Although it is likely since you
havn't mentioned any brand names that you have some sort of half baked
Chinese rubbish assemblied by a local PC builder who hasn't given you
the instructions.

Nebula offer some really good DTV solutions and software (PCI / USB2
versions).

Is there something I am not doing ( of course there must be).

Anyone got one of these or know about them?

How would we know? there are hundreds of PC suppliers.

--
Tony