Jumpy picture on my Toshiba 20wlt56

Old December 29th 06, 02:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
MarkSk

Default Jumpy picture on my Toshiba 20wlt56

Has anyone had a similar problem where after being switched on for 1/2
hour or so the picture starts to jump a bit in a vertical direction?
This gets steadily worse until the screen goes black with constantly
changing blurred stripes of yellows and oranges. The picture will start
to return but it's still very jumpy. One way to slightly eliviate the
problem is to turn the TV off & back on but this can't be done from the
remote. The sound's unaffected though. This only happens when receiving
a signal through the aerial. From a PC, DVD or VCR it's fine. Any ideas?

Old December 29th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vaughan

MarkSk wrote:
Has anyone had a similar problem where after being switched on for 1/2
hour or so the picture starts to jump a bit in a vertical direction?
This gets steadily worse until the screen goes black with constantly
changing blurred stripes of yellows and oranges. The picture will
start to return but it's still very jumpy. One way to slightly
eliviate the problem is to turn the TV off & back on but this can't
be done from the remote. The sound's unaffected though. This only
happens when receiving a signal through the aerial. From a PC, DVD or
VCR it's fine. Any ideas?

You say it only happens when you watch through an aerial - does this occur
with both analogue and digital signals? It sounds to me like a severe
problem with the digital signal feed (unless this happens on analogue as
well).

Assuming it only happens on Freeview channels, the digital signals could be
affected by local electrical interference, a dodgy lead or poor signal from
the aerial. I've posted a query in another thread about Freeview
interference so we'll see what the experts say!

Old December 30th 06, 04:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
PeeGee

MarkSk wrote:
Has anyone had a similar problem where after being switched on for 1/2
hour or so the picture starts to jump a bit in a vertical direction?
This gets steadily worse until the screen goes black with constantly
changing blurred stripes of yellows and oranges. The picture will start
to return but it's still very jumpy. One way to slightly eliviate the
problem is to turn the TV off & back on but this can't be done from the
remote. The sound's unaffected though. This only happens when receiving
a signal through the aerial. From a PC, DVD or VCR it's fine. Any ideas?

Have you tried contacting Toshiba? I've just had mine replaced under
warranty as it was displaying vertical green bands at switch-on (all
inputs) which went after a short time. tel: 0115 9766 958

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap.
If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.