OT Read if you want a New VCR

Old July 19th 03, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David

Default OT Read if you want a New VCR

Just bought a 'Super VHS' JVC vcr HR-S5955EK at Argos for 79-99.

The branch had 7 in stock, they are 'managers specials'
The same model in catalgue is 149-99, which in it's self seems a good buy
for S-vhs.

Those I bought from are a different catalogue number so order as 591/7600,
if you want one.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group.

Old July 21st 03, 04:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

Not bad, but of course if you had gone to Morgan: -

"
JVC S-VHS VIDEO - MANUFACTURER RETURNS - FULL WARRANTY - 69.99 (ex VAT)
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/sho...ProductID=1051
"

That was for the 5955 and another (6000?). For 10 more you could have an
HR S6600EK, which has full connectivity (S-Video in and out etc.) and quite
a few extra features (absent from the 5955), although it is not a full
editing deck like the 700 one I looked at in 1996!

"David" wrote in message
Just bought a 'Super VHS' JVC vcr HR-S5955EK at Argos for 79-99.

The branch had 7 in stock, they are 'managers specials'
The same model in catalgue is 149-99, which in it's self seems a good buy
for S-vhs.

Those I bought from are a different catalogue number so order as 591/7600,
if you want one.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group.

S-VHS is likely to get supplanted by digital recorders before too long,
hence they are being unloaded cheap now.

For off air analog the results are in fact little better than my seven year
old VHS only JVC HR-J635EK (cost 300!), however it can record wide screen
for subsequent replay. Sadly its ability to record teletext is not as good
as I had hoped, and performance is patchy.

Old July 22nd 03, 10:18 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Rumm

R. Mark Clayton wrote:

S-VHS is likely to get supplanted by digital recorders before too long,
hence they are being unloaded cheap now.

Possibly true - but the SVHS decks do seem to represent decent value at
these price points!

For off air analog the results are in fact little better than my seven year
old VHS only JVC HR-J635EK (cost ?300!), however it can record wide screen
for subsequent replay. Sadly its ability to record teletext is not as good
as I had hoped, and performance is patchy.

YMMV - I recently replaced an ailing VCR with a JVC SVHS deck (forget
the model now - might have been a 6955) but was very impressed with the
recording quality even on ordinary tapes. It also seems very good at
maintaining decent quality when playing older ex-rental tapes etc.

--
Cheers,

John.