Report on DTT HD trial

Old December 16th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Marky P

Default Report on DTT HD trial

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006 22:07:09 +0000, Ernst S Blofeld
wrote:

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:
Can't see this mentioned anywhere, but apologies if it has already been
posted: http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/policies/pdf/dtt_hdtrial.pdf

Is the blocky nature of the front cover indicative of the digital
artefacts that we can expect of the HDD service? Having just watched the
Planet Earth series on standard DTT, the number and extent of the
compression artefacts was dreadful. If only those damned animals didn't
move around so much and live in such colourful environments.

ESB

Actually, I thought Planet Earth was one of the better looking
standard DTT programmes. Apart from the water, which I admit, there
was quite a lot of.

Marky P