Receiving BBC digital teletext on non-Sky box?

Old December 14th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

Default Receiving BBC digital teletext on non-Sky box?

Hello Group,
Can you help? Fairly new to this satellite TV business...I am
struggling to receive the BBC i teletext service using a non-Sky box
- namely Technomate TMS 1500CI+. I have discovered that it should be
possible to receive the 'interactive'service from the BBC (albeit not
by using a red button) but have not yet managed to achieve this. I am
not sure whether this will also give access to the 'teletext' service.
Any education from yourselves would be very much appreciated!

Ian
Please reply to group - email address is not monitored
Ian
Old December 14th 06, 09:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian A

Ian wrote:
Hello Group,
Can you help? Fairly new to this satellite TV business...I am
struggling to receive the BBC i teletext service using a non-Sky box
- namely Technomate TMS 1500CI+. I have discovered that it should be
possible to receive the 'interactive'service from the BBC (albeit not
by using a red button) but have not yet managed to achieve this. I am
not sure whether this will also give access to the 'teletext' service.
Any education from yourselves would be very much appreciated!

Ian
Please reply to group - email address is not monitored
Ian

I think you'll find it's not possible.

Old December 14th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Iwan Davies

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:41:33 -0000, Adrian A wrote:

Ian wrote:
Hello Group,
Can you help? Fairly new to this satellite TV business...I am
struggling to receive the BBC i teletext service using a non-Sky box
- namely Technomate TMS 1500CI+. I have discovered that it should be
possible to receive the 'interactive'service from the BBC (albeit not
by using a red button) but have not yet managed to achieve this. I am
not sure whether this will also give access to the 'teletext' service.
Any education from yourselves would be very much appreciated!

Ian
Please reply to group - email address is not monitored
Ian

I think you'll find it's not possible.

He should, however, be able to tune in the interactive streams (I know
that's not what was asked for, but I'm reading between the lines...).

Have a look at lyngsat to get the frequencies and PIDs and have a play!

Iwan
Old December 14th 06, 11:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Chare

"Ian" wrote in message
Hello Group,
Can you help? Fairly new to this satellite TV business...I am
struggling to receive the BBC i teletext service using a non-Sky box
- namely Technomate TMS 1500CI+. I have discovered that it should be
possible to receive the 'interactive'service from the BBC (albeit not
by using a red button) but have not yet managed to achieve this. I am
not sure whether this will also give access to the 'teletext' service.
Any education from yourselves would be very much appreciated!

You will only get the full interactive facilities with a Sky box.

However when the BBC transmit multiple streams for Wimbledon etc you can view
these:

12.441 GHz Vertical, Symbol Rate 27500, FEC 2/3,.

--

Michael Chare