Sony KD-28DX51U Engineering menu?

Old December 13th 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

Default Sony KD-28DX51U Engineering menu?

Until the market for flat screen TVs settles down I am sticking with this.
One annoying thing is that the picture height needs to be reset each time a
channel is changed. I can do this from the hand control but it irritates me!
Is there anything in the engineering menu to alter the top, bottom and sides
of the visible display a little? If so how does one access the engineering
menu? TIA

Peter Crosland

Old December 13th 06, 08:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Farrance

"Peter Crosland" wrote:

Until the market for flat screen TVs settles down I am sticking with this.
One annoying thing is that the picture height needs to be reset each time a
channel is changed. I can do this from the hand control but it irritates me!
Is there anything in the engineering menu to alter the top, bottom and sides
of the visible display a little? If so how does one access the engineering
menu? TIA

Go here
http://www.kv32tweak.freeuk.com/
and select "Service Menu" from the header bar.

Writing everything down first is a good idea because I've seen several
posts from people who'd screwed things up and couldn't get back to their
start point. (In my case, I photographed all the settings with my
digital camera, then printed them out.)

--
Dave Farrance
Old December 13th 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

Dave Farrance wrote:
"Peter Crosland" wrote:

Until the market for flat screen TVs settles down I am sticking with
this. One annoying thing is that the picture height needs to be
reset each time a channel is changed. I can do this from the hand
control but it irritates me! Is there anything in the engineering
menu to alter the top, bottom and sides of the visible display a
little? If so how does one access the engineering menu? TIA

Go here
http://www.kv32tweak.freeuk.com/
and select "Service Menu" from the header bar.

Writing everything down first is a good idea because I've seen several
posts from people who'd screwed things up and couldn't get back to
their start point. (In my case, I photographed all the settings with
my digital camera, then printed them out.)

Thanks for that Dave. Sadly it does not work on my model. Th quest
continues.

Peter Crosland

Old December 14th 06, 11:30 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisM

I thought I had a KD28DX51J. What is the difference between a J and a U? Or
do I just have the wrong model number written down?

(Mine is a 28" WEGA CRT with rather nice(IMO) Black and silver styling. 2
SCARTs on the back and a composite video input on the front.)

Cheers,

Chris.

Old December 14th 06, 11:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

ChrisM wrote:
I thought I had a KD28DX51J. What is the difference between a J and a
U? Or do I just have the wrong model number written down?

(Mine is a 28" WEGA CRT with rather nice(IMO) Black and silver
styling. 2 SCARTs on the back and a composite video input on the
front.)
Until the market for flat screen TVs settles down I am sticking with
this. One annoying thing is that the picture height needs to be
reset each time a channel is changed. I can do this from the hand
control but it irritates me! Is there anything in the engineering
menu to alter the top, bottom and sides of the visible display a
little? If so how does one access the engineering menu? TIA

It makes it much easier to follow a thread if you don't top post!

Mine has the model number stated. I have no idea what the J means unless the
U and J indicate models for different markets.

Peter Crosland

Old December 14th 06, 12:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisM

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message

Until the market for flat screen TVs settles down I am sticking with
this. One annoying thing is that the picture height needs to be
reset each time a channel is changed. I can do this from the hand
control but it irritates me! Is there anything in the engineering
menu to alter the top, bottom and sides of the visible display a
little? If so how does one access the engineering menu? TIA

Top posting corrected!
ChrisM wrote:
I thought I had a KD28DX51J. What is the difference between a J and a
U? Or do I just have the wrong model number written down?

(Mine is a 28" WEGA CRT with rather nice(IMO) Black and silver
styling. 2 SCARTs on the back and a composite video input on the
front.)

It makes it much easier to follow a thread if you don't top post!

Sorry, my mistake. Replied in a bit of a hurry and Outlook Express top posts
by default! Better now?...

Mine has the model number stated. I have no idea what the J means unless
the U and J indicate models for different markets.

Ok, cheers, though not really much point in replying if you don't know the
answer eh? Nearly as irritating as top-posting...
;-P

Incidently, assuming that our TVs are the same (what's a J and a U between
buddies), I don't seem to have any problem with the picture height changing
when I change channels. How do you adjust it back with the controller, ie
what settings do you need to change to put it back to the way you like it?
Is it when you change between digital channels or analogue ones, or both?
(If it's digital only that causes the problem, I may not be able to help
though, as I use an external source for my digital channels.)

Chris.

Old December 14th 06, 02:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

ChrisM wrote:

Sorry, my mistake. Replied in a bit of a hurry and Outlook Express top posts
by default!

Not with this third party plug in installed it won't :-

Old December 14th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisM

Mark Carver wrote:
ChrisM wrote:

Sorry, my mistake. Replied in a bit of a hurry and Outlook Express
top posts by default!

Not with this third party plug in installed it won't :-

Very nice,

Thanks for that! No more excuses for Top Posting!!

Cheers,

Chris.

Old December 14th 06, 02:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian A

ChrisM wrote:
snip
Sorry, my mistake. Replied in a bit of a hurry and Outlook Express
top posts by default! Better now?...

Give OE-Quotefix a try, it doesn't do anything to OE unless you run it, so
if you don't like it there's no harm done.

--
Adrian

Old December 14th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisM

Adrian A wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
snip
Sorry, my mistake. Replied in a bit of a hurry and Outlook Express
top posts by default! Better now?...

Give OE-Quotefix a try, it doesn't do anything to OE unless you run
it, so if you don't like it there's no harm done.

Just have... see my earlier post.
- see I'm bottom posting now... ;-)

Chris.