Lodos / Lodus Sainsbury's DVD players etc - what are they!?

Old December 12th 06, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Lodos / Lodus Sainsbury's DVD players etc - what are they!?

Ive not too long ago bought a Lodos (aka Lodus) DVD player from
Sainsbury's, does anyone know what the 'guts' of these machines are?

They are obviously cheaply rebranded goods from a larger manufacturer!

(the reason Im asking is I have a new universal remote and Im trying to
tie it up with the DVD player - but they dont store Lodos numbers - Im
guessing if I just get the right signal sent for a, say Samsung or
whatever it is in there - it'll work!)

Old December 13th 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Scott Chambers" Scott wrote in message
I seem to recall that Lodos is a goodmans or Grundig or something like that

Could it be a giraffe?

Old December 14th 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Minty

Scott Chambers wrote:
I seem to recall that Lodos is a goodmans or Grundig or something
like that wrote in message
ups.com...
Ive not too long ago bought a Lodos (aka Lodus) DVD player from
Sainsbury's, does anyone know what the 'guts' of these machines are?

They are obviously cheaply rebranded goods from a larger
manufacturer!

(the reason Im asking is I have a new universal remote and Im trying
to tie it up with the DVD player - but they dont store Lodos numbers
- Im guessing if I just get the right signal sent for a, say Samsung
or whatever it is in there - it'll work!)

IIRC they're made by Vestel who also make Alba, Bush and Goodmans badged
stuff.

Old December 15th 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tate and Lyle

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ive not too long ago bought a Lodos (aka Lodus) DVD player from
Sainsbury's, does anyone know what the 'guts' of these machines are?

They are obviously cheaply rebranded goods from a larger manufacturer!

(the reason Im asking is I have a new universal remote and Im trying to
tie it up with the DVD player - but they dont store Lodos numbers - Im
guessing if I just get the right signal sent for a, say Samsung or
whatever it is in there - it'll work!)

They are a lodus crap apparently.