Polonium 210 in cigarettes.

Old December 12th 06, 12:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tate and Lyle

Default Polonium 210 in cigarettes.

Thats a bit of a turn up for the books isn't, for me as a smoker it is the
most
compelling piece of evidence for me to give up smoking I have ever heard and
it has for the first time made me think seriously about giving up for health
reasons because
it is readily understandable as cause and effect. All the crap warnings on
cigarettes
such as 'cigarettes damage you health' and 'smoking kills' had virtually no
effect on me
because basically I don't take such warnings seriously unless there is a
credible explanation
as to why this should be the case, now at least I have one *only* because of
this weird
Russian spy murder thing.
Quite frankly I feel like sueing the government for not passing on this
information.
Indeed I heard an ASH campaigner (anti smoking) being interviewed about this
and as to why they had never highlighted this information, his explaination
was bizar-
"Well there are other dangerous chemicals in there too (benzene, Chromium
etc..) so we
dont bother to mention them??!! hello?????"
He really didn't seem to want to talk about it at all, it seems like there
is some sort of massive
cover up going on. I wonder why?
Here is one posible reason:-
" Imported India tobacco has less than half the radiation content of that
grown in the U.S."

Of course all you none smokers may well smile smuggly because you don't
smoke, but
still you do breathe he stuff in passively.

Anyway here is another relevation!!!

"In fact, nicotine is so poisonous that smokers who ignore their doctor's
advice and continue to smoke while using dermal nicotine patches have
managed to overdose and die of heart seizure"

I doubt you will see that on nicotine patch advertisments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also I have always suspected that 'anti-smoking advertisements' were
designed to be inneffective
because of the ammount of money raised in taxess and the 'bribe power' of
big tobacco companies.

Got the info from he-
http://nepenthes.lycaeum.org/Drugs/T...th/cancer.html

(Cigarette dangleing from my mouth as I type!!)

Old December 12th 06, 01:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Tate and Lyle wrote:

Thats a bit of a turn up for the books isn't, for me as a smoker it
is the most compelling piece of evidence for me to give up smoking I
have ever heard

You're nuts. While you're at it, don't stick your hand in a mincing
machine, because it might be contaminated with salmonella.

-- Richard
in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.
Old December 12th 06, 01:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pyriform

Tate and Lyle wrote:
Thats a bit of a turn up for the books isn't, for me as a smoker it
is the most compelling piece of evidence for me to give up smoking I have
ever
heard and it has for the first time made me think seriously about
giving up for health reasons because it is readily understandable as cause
and effect.

It's been known for years. But then, so has the link between smoking and
dying from a range of diseases. If you ignored all that evidence, I find it
odd that you should start worrying now just because a Russian was murdered
in a bizarre fashion. Why do you find the chain of events that lead from
radon gas decay to the presence of alpha-particle emitting polonium inside
your lungs so compelling? The epidemiological evidence about smoking has
been clear for decades.

Old December 12th 06, 02:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
Tate and Lyle wrote:

Thats a bit of a turn up for the books isn't, for me as a smoker it
is the most compelling piece of evidence for me to give up smoking I
have ever heard

You're nuts. While you're at it, don't stick your hand in a mincing
machine, because it might be contaminated with salmonella.

And don't get run over by a speeding boy racer because the night before he
might have had his bird across the bonnet and there could be AIDs infected
bodily fluids running down the radiator grille.

Old December 12th 06, 02:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

Tate and Lyle wrote:

Thats a bit of a turn up for the books isn't, for me as a smoker it
is the most compelling piece of evidence for me to give up smoking I
have ever heard

You're nuts. While you're at it, don't stick your hand in a mincing
machine, because it might be contaminated with salmonella.

And don't get run over by a speeding boy racer because the night before he
might have had his bird across the bonnet and there could be AIDs infected
bodily fluids running down the radiator grille.

Bill

PS try explaining that to the wife . . .

Old December 12th 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tate and Lyle

"Pyriform" wrote in message
Tate and Lyle wrote:
Thats a bit of a turn up for the books isn't, for me as a smoker it
is the most compelling piece of evidence for me to give up smoking I
have ever
heard and it has for the first time made me think seriously about
giving up for health reasons because it is readily understandable as
cause and effect.

It's been known for years. But then, so has the link between smoking and
dying from a range of diseases. If you ignored all that evidence, I find
it odd that you should start worrying now just because a Russian was
murdered in a bizarre fashion. Why do you find the chain of events that
lead from radon gas decay to the presence of alpha-particle emitting
polonium inside your lungs so compelling? The epidemiological evidence
about smoking has been clear for decades.

Ignored what evidence, no evidence has ever been produced before, yes
warnings have been issued, but warnings are not evidence, I could warn you
that Iraq has WMD's but untill there is credible evidence that is mere
speculation.

Epidemiological eveidence is not true science it is basically speculation.
There was some stuff on to suggest that unmarried couples were 6 times more
likely to break up than married couples, the conclusion drawn by IDS (ian
Dunc...)
was that if the unmarried married they would not break up, however themore
realistic truth
is that the unmarried never married because they were not commited in the
firstplace.
Anyhow it is failly easy for me to understand that radioactivity may lead to
cancer
because it can destroy the basic bulding blocks of cells.
However having said that I believe the vast majorty of smokers die from
heart disease
rather then lung cancer so maybe that logic is not such a compeling reason
to give up!!
You might even say that the tar and sludge forms a protective layer!!
However if polonium
is in the tar thats not so convincing.
Mind you I started smokeing at about 13 and am still alive (just-lol)
however I do know
several people in my school year who died before the age of 20 in road
accidents, there are
no doubt several more who have died of other cause that I don't know of so I
guess
you have to weight up the plusses and minuses of anything. There is a fiar
difference of dying
at 70 due to smokig or at 17 in a road accident.
As it happens I do not know anyone personally at all who has died of a
smoking related illness,
(well maybe one but not sure(70+)). Believe it or not non-smokers die too!!

When I started smoking the evidence was not so clear, well not to a 12 year
old anyway,
and education after you are addicted is not a great deal of help!!

Old December 12th 06, 02:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

"Pyriform" wrote in message
It's been known for years. But then, so has the link between smoking and
dying from a range of diseases. If you ignored all that evidence, I find
it odd that you should start worrying now just because a Russian was
murdered in a bizarre fashion. Why do you find the chain of events that
lead from radon gas decay to the presence of alpha-particle emitting
polonium inside your lungs so compelling? The epidemiological evidence
about smoking has been clear for decades.

It's a waste of time talking to smokers. I was parked in the grounds of a
school the other day and a pert little madam came up --- butter wouldn't
melt and all that --- and asked if I would be there long. I said I would so
she beckoned for her mates, and they settled down behind the van with the
fags. I asked if the teachers would not think to look there, and she
explained that the playground supervision was only nominal. It was accepted
that if they couldn't be seen they could smoke without penalty. Somewhat
stunned I asked if they were worried about cancer. They said that there was
no proven link and anyway, 'only old people get it.' I accepted defeat and
went about my business.

Old December 12th 06, 03:23 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Terry

"Tate and Lyle" wrote in message
"Pyriform" wrote in message

snip
Epidemiological eveidence is not true science it is basically speculation.

I'll give you some more then, Both my Mother and Brother in law
died 20 years apart, aged just over 50 years old each, of cancer.

Both smoked Golden Virginia unfiltered roll ups.

Obviously murdered by KGB agents with polonium 210

Steve Terry

Old December 12th 06, 08:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike O'Sullivan

Steve Terry wrote:

I'll give you some more then, Both my Mother and Brother in law
died 20 years apart, aged just over 50 years old each, of cancer.

Both smoked Golden Virginia unfiltered roll ups.

So did mine. I still remember those green Golden Virginia tins. My dad
had a collection of them in his workshop full of nuts and bolts of
various sizes.

He died at 70, my mother at 86.
Old December 12th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Tate and Lyle wrote:
All the crap warnings on cigarettes
such as 'cigarettes damage you health' and 'smoking kills' had virtually no
effect on me because basically I don't take such warnings seriously unless there is
a credible explanation as to why this should be the case,

You're as balmy as that half_pint geezer.