neovo f-315 TFT opinions

Old July 19th 03, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dean Edwards

Default neovo f-315 TFT opinions

They seem quite good value. Does anyone in the NG have experience of this
monitor, I'm especially interested in the audio/video quality with s-video
input from say a VCR.
BTW does s-video connection also carry the audio signal?

Thanks.

Old July 19th 03, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve

"Dean Edwards" wrote in message
news

BTW does s-video connection also carry the audio signal?

No

Did the Neovo stop using the highly reflective screen surface that they used
to use? I saw one recently, that was purchased 6 months ago and the surface
of the screen is so reflective, you have to be in the dark to see it
properly (it was just like glass, and worse than an old TV screen for
reflections, it was awful!) : -((

Cannot comment on the AV input quality

Thanks.

Old July 20th 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Rumm

Dean Edwards wrote:

They seem quite good value. Does anyone in the NG have experience of this
monitor, I'm especially interested in the audio/video quality with s-video
input from say a VCR.

We supplied the 17" version of this one to a customer recently. They
were very pleased with it. The computer display looked very good to me,
but I have not seen it running with video so can't comment on that.

BTW does s-video connection also carry the audio signal?

Nope - just Chroma and Luma

--
Cheers,

John.

Old July 20th 03, 02:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

Way over priced. Take a look at the Hitachi range on www.dabs.com that are
far better quality and very competitively priced after recent reductions.

Old July 22nd 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Rumm

Peter Crosland wrote:

Way over priced. Take a look at the Hitachi range on www.dabs.com that are
far better quality and very competitively priced after recent reductions.

Personally I have found the AG-Neovo quality to be very high - however I
have not seen enough recent Hitachi monitors to compare them.

The Hitachi prices for most of the multimedia capable Monitors on dabs
look pretty steep in comparison however.

The exception is the one listed with a quicklinx code of 2HR1WS which
has a model number of CML154SXWB. That might be a typo though - because
it is listed at 250 quid and the similar CML155XVW is a rather daft 539
quid. By comparison a F-315 can be had for around 265 inc VAT.

Also the Hitachi web site only lists a CML154XWB rather than a
CML154SXWB (I presume the S means S-Video)

Hitachi details he

http://www.hitachi-consumer-eu.com/s...archGroupId=22

--
Cheers,