A bit of a botch

Old December 15th 06, 08:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default A bit of a botch

Bill Wright wrote:

wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:

wrote in message
Regarding point 3, surely ANY plastic will degrade with time. The
stress
on

Just the same as any metal strap! :-)

Yes but a galv lashing wire will usually outlast the aerial it supports
by a
good margin. I'm concerned here about failure of the plastic after maybe
five years.

I suspect that there are some plastics which will quite happily
outlast galvanised steel, it also depends a lot on the situation, near
the sea plastic might well be a better choice.

Not that it was a *terribly* serious comment anyway! (hence the
smiley)

Given the widespread use of plastic outdoors you'd think there'd be a lot of
data.

Who says there isn't? Have you looked? Is there "a lot of data" for
other materials?

...... or was this just a way of getting the last word?

--
Chris Green
Old December 15th 06, 02:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
Given the widespread use of plastic outdoors you'd think there'd be a lot
of
data.

Who says there isn't? Have you looked? Is there "a lot of data" for
other materials?

..... or was this just a way of getting the last word?

--
Chris Green

You're very abrasive Chris, and unneccesarily so. No, I would assume that
there is a lot of data. I was just musing really. I was thinking about the
fact that at a plastics factory that I drive past there are samples on the
flat roof with numbers on them. I was wondering if it was some some of test
that they do.

It is most unusual for me to get the last word at home, so I don't really
expect it here either.

Old December 15th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Bill Wright wrote:

wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
Given the widespread use of plastic outdoors you'd think there'd be a lot
of
data.

Who says there isn't? Have you looked? Is there "a lot of data" for
other materials?

..... or was this just a way of getting the last word?

--
Chris Green

You're very abrasive Chris, and unneccesarily so.

.... and you think you're not! :-)

.... and why did you see that as 'abrasive'?

No, I would assume that
there is a lot of data. I was just musing really. I was thinking about the
fact that at a plastics factory that I drive past there are samples on the
flat roof with numbers on them. I was wondering if it was some some of test
that they do.

Well we're not going to know the answer are we, unless at the very
least you tell us where the factory is and/or the name of the
business.

It is most unusual for me to get the last word at home, so I don't really
expect it here either.

This is the (for me anyway) abrasive bit!

:-) :-) :-) N.B. note the smileys, I'm just doing my sort of
musing.

--
Chris Green