OT - mobile phone chargers number 1 planet killer - official

Old November 23rd 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright

Default OT - mobile phone chargers number 1 planet killer - official

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:12:12 -0000, "Pyriform"
wrote:

There are plenty of things to get worked up about, but the government
exhorting the populace to reduce their energy consumption is pretty low on
my list. I object to the spouting of crap about it (hence this thread),
but
ultimately it is a Good Thing. It saves you money, and it nudges the
planet
ever-so-slightly in the right direction.

It is a Good Thing in a qualitative sense, but it needs to be looked
at quantitatively. We should of course try not to waste resources
where they serve no purpose, but encouraging individuals to switch off
or abstain from using things that *are* serving a purpose, even if it
is just improving the quality of somebody's life, is pointless if we
simultaneously ignore potential savings several orders of magnitude
greater that could be achieved by the sensible management of heating
lighting and electrical equipment in large public and commercial
buildings. Thermostats and time switches are not rocket science.

Rod.

Well that's exactly my point. They pick on ordinary people because they're
easy to bully, and let the big institution waste enegy on a massive scale. I
find it very annoying that OAPs have been brainwashed into turning lights
off and heating down because of this crap.

Old November 24th 06, 10:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
AD C

Bill Wright wrote:

I find myself looking for ways to circumvent various rules and regulations
not because I particularly want to but because I feel that a protest is
appropriate. We are over-governed, over-regulated, and I'm pretty ****ed off
by it. I have many secret ways of confounding the rule makers. I exhort you
all to look for ways of doing the same. We must all do our bit. Sadly,
things have reached the point where good citizens need to look for ways of
making themselves ungovernable.

I agree with you and the older I get the more ****ed off I get.

Getting fed up of this country and I think if things was different with
my personal life, I would pack up and go else where, maybe to the
states. Got to be better than this **** hole