Sandy Heath went down at 19:30

Old November 6th 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon

Default Sandy Heath went down at 19:30

Sandy Heath just went down on every channel except BBC4 at 19:30. The signal
strength is reading maximum by the signal quality is non-existent.

Old November 6th 06, 06:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris Oates

"Agamemnon" wrote in message
Sandy Heath just went down on every channel except BBC4 at 19:30. The
signal strength is reading maximum by the signal quality is non-existent.

Redruth Cornwall slightly better
Have BBC1,2,3,4 Film four - nothing else.

Old November 6th 06, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Chris Oates wrote:
"Agamemnon" wrote in message
Sandy Heath just went down on every channel except BBC4 at 19:30. The
signal strength is reading maximum by the signal quality is non-existent.

Redruth Cornwall slightly better
Have BBC1,2,3,4 Film four - nothing else.

There's a huge reception 'lift' in progress. It'll be the anticyclone
producing the foggy weather. I'm getting French and German radio stations on
FM, and analogue TV reception is falling to bits too.

I suspect your disappearing muxes are due to this.

(I'm in North Hampshire)

--
Mark
Old November 6th 06, 08:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Doctor D

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
Chris Oates wrote:
"Agamemnon" wrote in message
Sandy Heath just went down on every channel except BBC4 at 19:30. The
signal strength is reading maximum by the signal quality is
non-existent.

Redruth Cornwall slightly better
Have BBC1,2,3,4 Film four - nothing else.

There's a huge reception 'lift' in progress. It'll be the anticyclone
producing the foggy weather. I'm getting French and German radio stations
on FM, and analogue TV reception is falling to bits too.

I suspect your disappearing muxes are due to this.

(I'm in North Hampshire)

I'm 30 miles south of Birmingham and my Sutton Coldfield aerial is picking
up Emley Moor which is drowning out the digital MUX's and making my analogue
snowy.
Five on CH37 is a right mess of rolling bars and superimposed images.

Old November 6th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Doctor D wrote:
"Mark Carver" wrote in message

I'm 30 miles south of Birmingham and my Sutton Coldfield aerial is picking
up Emley Moor which is drowning out the digital MUX's and making my analogue
snowy.
Five on CH37 is a right mess of rolling bars and superimposed images.

Driving just 4 miles tonight the RDS on my car jumped constantly between R2
Rowridge, Oxford, and Sutton Coldfield. The local relay, at one point only
800 yds away, was a mangled mess. Not sure if it was direct interference, or
on its off air feed from Oxford. The latter I suspect, but if so odd,
because direct reception of Oxford was fairly clean.

--
Mark
Old November 6th 06, 09:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Mark Carver
writes
Doctor D wrote:
"Mark Carver" wrote in message

I'm 30 miles south of Birmingham and my Sutton Coldfield aerial is picking
up Emley Moor which is drowning out the digital MUX's and making my analogue
snowy.
Five on CH37 is a right mess of rolling bars and superimposed images.

Driving just 4 miles tonight the RDS on my car jumped constantly between R2
Rowridge, Oxford, and Sutton Coldfield. The local relay, at one point only
800 yds away, was a mangled mess. Not sure if it was direct interference, or
on its off air feed from Oxford. The latter I suspect, but if so odd,
because direct reception of Oxford was fairly clean.

Doesn't look that strong?..

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html
--
Tony Sayer

Old November 7th 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Wade

tony sayer wrote:

Doesn't look that strong?..
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html

Dunno about that but at this QTH (CB4) yesterday evening (6th) the ITV
(ch45) and SDN (ch43) muxes from Sandy were breaking up badly - the
first time I've seen significant disruption of DTT due to tropo since it
started in '98. A band scan on analogue revealed visible CCI on all
local channels, with Madingley C5 (ch34) completely obliterated by BBC1
from somewhere, and Sandy C5 (ch39) replaced by Hannington BBC1 at Grade
3-4. C5 was also visible (quite noisy) on ch 49 (Oxford?), as was S4C on
ch47 (Wenvoe?). Hannington also very strong on ch66. I'd call that
quite a big opening.

What's the DX like on 70 cm, I wonder?

--
Andy
Old November 7th 06, 06:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Andy Wade wrote:
tony sayer wrote:

Doesn't look that strong?..
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html

Dunno about that but at this QTH (CB4) yesterday evening (6th) the ITV
(ch45) and SDN (ch43) muxes from Sandy were breaking up badly - the
first time I've seen significant disruption of DTT due to tropo since it
started in '98. A band scan on analogue revealed visible CCI on all
local channels, with Madingley C5 (ch34) completely obliterated by BBC1
from somewhere, and Sandy C5 (ch39) replaced by Hannington BBC1 at Grade
3-4. C5 was also visible (quite noisy) on ch 49 (Oxford?), as was S4C on
ch47 (Wenvoe?). Hannington also very strong on ch66. I'd call that
quite a big opening.

C5 Madingley is RBL fed from Sandy. So almost certainly it was re-radiating
BBC 1 from Hannington. What fun :-)

--
Mark
Old November 7th 06, 07:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mark Carver
writes

Driving just 4 miles tonight the RDS on my car jumped constantly between R2
Rowridge, Oxford, and Sutton Coldfield. The local relay, at one point only
800 yds away, was a mangled mess. Not sure if it was direct interference, or
on its off air feed from Oxford. The latter I suspect, but if so odd,
because direct reception of Oxford was fairly clean.

Doesn't look that strong?..

Oh yes it is. BBC 1 Hannington had TF1 rolling through this morning, as
usual on the RBL input from Rowridge, and bang on time it the
corruption was so bad that it flipped to RBS from Crystal Palace right
in the middle of the regional news :-)
When I last looked at 08:10 BBC 1 Hannington was just radiating noise,
so it looked as if both the CP and Rowridge feeds were useless. Still
DTT was steady as a rock. :-)

I found the culprit that is upsetting Radio 2 from the Basingstoke
relay. Tuned to R2 Oxford on 89.5 and it's been replaced by a Dutch
station. According to:-

http://home.planet.nl/~ploe2070/fmtv/876-1048mhz.html

It's either Alkmaar of Utrecht. Both relatively low powered at 10 and 5
kW.

Old November 7th 06, 08:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Andy Wade
writes
tony sayer wrote:

Doesn't look that strong?..
http://www.dxinfocentre.com/tropo_nwe.html

Dunno about that but at this QTH (CB4) yesterday evening (6th) the ITV
(ch45) and SDN (ch43) muxes from Sandy were breaking up badly - the
first time I've seen significant disruption of DTT due to tropo since it
started in '98. A band scan on analogue revealed visible CCI on all
local channels, with Madingley C5 (ch34) completely obliterated by BBC1
from somewhere, and Sandy C5 (ch39) replaced by Hannington BBC1 at Grade
3-4. C5 was also visible (quite noisy) on ch 49 (Oxford?), as was S4C on
ch47 (Wenvoe?). Hannington also very strong on ch66. I'd call that
quite a big opening.

What's the DX like on 70 cm, I wonder?

This is showing up some interesting things!. Can't say we've noticed any
problems with the telly as we use either analogue or SAT here . The FM
Band was a bit busier that it normally is in CB2

cheers

http://www.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/ha...ath.cgi?map=eu
--
Tony Sayer