Humax 9200-T remote control

Old November 6th 06, 01:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alansd

Default Humax 9200-T remote control

My Sony VTX-D800U remote control has the useful facility of controlling
the TV basic functions. This is easily set up to match most
manufacturers TVs by just entering an appropriate code into the remote.

I now have the excellent Humax 9200-T. The remote control for this
apparently doesn't offer this TV control facility -at least its not in
the user instructions.

I know I'm clutching at straws here - but has anyone discovered some
hidden way of achieving this.

Old November 6th 06, 02:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

"alansd" alansdatbtinternet.com wrote in message
My Sony VTX-D800U remote control has the useful facility of controlling
the TV basic functions. This is easily set up to match most
manufacturers TVs by just entering an appropriate code into the remote.

I now have the excellent Humax 9200-T. The remote control for this
apparently doesn't offer this TV control facility -at least its not in
the user instructions.

I know I'm clutching at straws here - but has anyone discovered some
hidden way of achieving this.

What "TV basic functions" do you need? Just turn up the TV volume and use
the Humax vol control.

--
Max Demian

Old November 6th 06, 02:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
alansd

Therein lies the problem my TV remote has lost the 'volume up' command
due a fault - and the normal volume level off the Humax is quite low
compared to the TV tuner section of the TV. The Sony remote just neatly
solved this problem. I know I could try a universal remote control but
my better half uses the TV teletext in preference to freeview :-)

Old November 6th 06, 03:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
JPG

alansd wrote:
I know I could try a universal remote control but
my better half uses the TV teletext in preference to freeview :-)

So does mine - the TV listings are better, showing whether a programme
is a repeat or not. There's no equivalent of the letters/entertainment
or cinema listings pages on MHEG either. I'm not sure what she will do
when they pull the plug on analogue.