Have I Got News For You?

Old October 22nd 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Victor Delta

Default Have I Got News For You?

Missed the first episode of the new series - just over a week ago - with
Gordon Ramsay in the chair, I believe?

I thought I might be able to find it somewhere on the BBC website but this
doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone suggest anywhere on the web where
I might be able to see a streamed copy etc?

Thanks,

Old October 22nd 06, 10:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim S

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:36:49 +0100, Victor Delta wrote:

Missed the first episode of the new series - just over a week ago - with
Gordon Ramsay in the chair, I believe?

I thought I might be able to find it somewhere on the BBC website but this
doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone suggest anywhere on the web where
I might be able to see a streamed copy etc?

Thanks,

Don't bother. It's become a two man pre-rehearsed show with two guests added
to simper.
Ramsey was dreadful.
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK
Old October 22nd 06, 11:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Agamemnon

"Victor Delta" wrote in message
Missed the first episode of the new series - just over a week ago - with
Gordon Ramsay in the chair, I believe?

I thought I might be able to find it somewhere on the BBC website but this
doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone suggest anywhere on the web
where I might be able to see a streamed copy etc?

Type Torrent followed by the programme you want into Google.

Thanks,

Old October 23rd 06, 12:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stan The Man

In article , Jim S
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:36:49 +0100, Victor Delta wrote:

Missed the first episode of the new series - just over a week ago - with
Gordon Ramsay in the chair, I believe?

I thought I might be able to find it somewhere on the BBC website but this
doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone suggest anywhere on the web where
I might be able to see a streamed copy etc?

Thanks,

Don't bother. It's become a two man pre-rehearsed show with two guests added
to simper.
Ramsey was dreadful.

BBC indulgence gone haywire. The man isn't intelligent enough and
shouldn't have been allowed in the studio. HIGNFY viewers want more
than celebrity. Alastair McGowan did a good job this week though (and
his sparring partner Ronny Ancona was brilliant on QI - more of her
please).

Simon
Old October 23rd 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mike

Stan The Man wrote in
:

BBC indulgence gone haywire. The man isn't intelligent enough and
shouldn't have been allowed in the studio. HIGNFY viewers want more
than celebrity.

All right, it's OT, but I have to mention what the BBC have done to the
real HIGNFY, The News Quiz, on radio 4.

They got rid of Simon Hoggart, and Alan Coren, pretty much the last
purveyors of wit and wisdom (I hope Robert Robinson managers to stay under
the BBGC's feminazi radar), and brought in Sandy(i) Toskvig, a nasty one
joke dirty-minded little alleged comedienne, and added religiously and
politically correct sneerers as backup. All quotes are now pretty much
centred around lower body functions - it seems to keep the ladies happy.

The result is awful.

While I'm at it, they've also destroyed the following hour (1 to 2 pm
Saturday, on Radio 2) with an hour long allegedly comic disaster zone.

Thats one and a half hours of what little that was tolerable to good on
radio gone at a stroke
Old October 23rd 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pyriform

mike wrote:
All right, it's OT, but I have to mention what the BBC have done to
the real HIGNFY, The News Quiz, on radio 4.

They got rid of Simon Hoggart

They didn't get rid of him, he decided to leave: "I've decided to stop being
chairman of The News Quiz after the next series, which starts next month.
It's been a marvellous ten years - 12 if you count a previous incarnation in
the 1980's - but I'm getting a bit clapped out and jaded, and I think that's
beginning to show. Better to quit while still ahead rather than have kindly
broadcasting executives accompanied by soothing nurses drag me out by the
heels in a few years' time."

Sorry if that doesn't fit into your conspiracy theory. But hey, maybe they
forced him to say that...

Old October 23rd 06, 11:18 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davy

VD,

just be patient; it will soon appear again in a '100 most embarrassing TV
moments' compilation - but you might have to wait till the end of the
programme! Ramsay was awful.
Davy

Old October 23rd 06, 12:13 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D.Smith

Sorry, I'm over 40 - what does "HIGNFY" mean?

I'm actually a Sandy(i) Toskvig fan but I have to agree with your comments
about the News Quiz. It's almost as bad as "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" now
for smutty innuendo instead of real comedy.

I remember watching Comedy Central on my first trip to the US and being
appalled by the bleeped language masquerading as comedy. There were very
few comics who were actually funny on there - every one else played to a
very low common denominator. I'm afraid R4 seems to be going that way.

Paul DS.

Old October 23rd 06, 12:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
bugbear

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Sorry, I'm over 40 - what does "HIGNFY" mean?

I'm actually a Sandy(i) Toskvig fan but I have to agree with your comments
about the News Quiz. It's almost as bad as "I'm sorry I haven't a clue" now
for smutty innuendo instead of real comedy.

I remember watching Comedy Central on my first trip to the US and being
appalled by the bleeped language masquerading as comedy. There were very
few comics who were actually funny on there - every one else played to a
very low common denominator. I'm afraid R4 seems to be going that way.

Swearing = "I'm sooo radical "they" have to censor me"

(in their deluded little minds)

BguBear
Old October 23rd 06, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Michael Rozdoba

Paul D.Smith wrote:
Sorry, I'm over 40 - what does "HIGNFY" mean?

Aww, shame.

I think the over 40 bit means you've not noticed the subject line

--
Michael, 37 & afraid, very afraid
m r o z a t u k g a t e w a y d o t n e t