have to return everything to currys?

Old July 18th 03, 02:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Default have to return everything to currys?

coulthard writes
I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so
currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back
the free view box, cables etc as well.

I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just
the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and
scart leads about so I wondered if anyone knew if it mattered if they
got back the exact same cables that came with it so long as they get
the same type of cable?

If they *insist* on having the cables back, then just take the cables
from the box of the replacement they give you - and hand them back.

Problem solved!

--
Dave
Old July 18th 03, 07:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dom Robinson

In article , [email protected]
8.demon.co.uk says...
coulthard writes
I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so
currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back
the free view box, cables etc as well.

I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just
the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and
scart leads about so I wondered if anyone knew if it mattered if they
got back the exact same cables that came with it so long as they get
the same type of cable?

If they *insist* on having the cables back, then just take the cables
from the box of the replacement they give you - and hand them back.

Problem solved!

How do you do that when they've taken the first box off you already?

Best just not to bother with Dixons/Currys/PC World/The Link in the first
place.
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)
Old July 18th 03, 08:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Dom Robinson writes
I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just
the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and
scart leads about so I wondered if anyone knew if it mattered if they
got back the exact same cables that came with it so long as they get
the same type of cable?

If they *insist* on having the cables back, then just take the cables
from the box of the replacement they give you - and hand them back.

Problem solved!

How do you do that when they've taken the first box off you already?

Easy. If they've taken the box off you already, then they obviously
didn't want the cables back!

Best just not to bother with Dixons/Currys/PC World/The Link in the
first place.

Indeed.

--
Dave
Old July 19th 03, 11:47 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave

Dom Robinson writes
I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just
the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and
scart leads about so I wondered if anyone knew if it mattered if they
got back the exact same cables that came with it so long as they get
the same type of cable?

If they *insist* on having the cables back, then just take the cables
from the box of the replacement they give you - and hand them back.

Problem solved!

How do you do that when they've taken the first box off you already?

Easy. If they've taken the box off you already, then they obviously
didn't want the cables back!

The cardboard box containing the digibox, cables and remote, I'm
referring to.

As was I.

Take package into DSG shop. They check package to ensure that box and
remote are there. If they say, "You need to give us the scart lead back
as well", then simply offer to take the scart lead from the new package
that they have ready and waiting to hand over to you.

--
Dave