Currys Customer Service

Old July 24th 06, 10:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ivan

Default Currys Customer Service

Pyriform wrote:
Richard Tobin wrote:
Pyriform wrote:

Amstrad? That's not even a word, is it?

IIRC 'Alan Michael Sugar Trading'.

Old July 24th 06, 11:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart

In article , Ivan
wrote:
Amstrad? That's not even a word, is it?

IIRC 'Alan Michael Sugar Trading'.

Shouldn't it be A.M.S.Trad. then?

Rod. :-)

Old July 24th 06, 11:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pyriform

Ivan wrote:
Pyriform wrote:
Richard Tobin wrote:
Pyriform wrote:
Amstrad? That's not even a word, is it?

IIRC 'Alan Michael Sugar Trading'.

Well, yes, I know. But that's just a made-up word. Like Mitel - a
contraction of MIke and TErry's Lawnmowers.

I'm not going to stand for this sort of thing any more. I have seen the
light. Proper words, arranged into proper sentences, with proper
apostrophes. That's what I want.

Old July 25th 06, 07:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Edward Cowling London UK

In message , Pyriform
writes

I'm not going to stand for this sort of thing any more. I have seen the
light. Proper words, arranged into proper sentences, with proper
apostrophes. That's what I want.

Ok, we get wot u r going on about :-)

--
Edward Cowling London UK
Old July 25th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

linkuk wrote:

Any suggestions or folk with similar problems who managed to resolve the
problem without waiting maybe a month or so

I cant understand why retailers are allowed to get away with selling
extended warranties when normal consumers rights are good enough.
If they ask me if i want to take out an extended warranty i reply "why? is
going to go wrong then? is this model unreliable?"
Usually stops the sales pitch quite rapidly. lol

A couple of years ago, I was in Dixons (bored, browsing) and a guy was
buying a digi-camera. The assistant said "would you like an extended
warranty on that sir?" and the guy said "no thanks" - the assistant
then said "For today only, we're offering a 3 year extended warranty
for the price of a 2 year" - still no - then - "as a special offer, we
can give you a 3 year extended warranty for the price of a 2 and also
give you a 20% discount on anything in the store after the 3 years".

I was thinking he should carry on saying no and see what they
eventually came up with, but the guy finally caved in after that and
took it - spoilsport.