A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

Currys Customer Service



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old July 19th 06, 06:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 480
Default Currys Customer Service

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:45:45 GMT, "harrogate3"
wrote:

In defence of Currys.....................


Sheesh, if you are a witness for the defence, I dread to think what
the prosecution have up their sleeve! ;-)
--
Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com
Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards,
please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text.
Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question.
Ads
  #12  
Old July 19th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darren Wilkinson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 87
Default Currys Customer Service

Andrew wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:45:45 GMT, "harrogate3"
wrote:

In defence of Currys.....................


Sheesh, if you are a witness for the defence, I dread to think what
the prosecution have up their sleeve! ;-)


Hardly. Currys can hardly sell a product in better condition than when it left
the factory. When *Casio* returned a faulty camera the manager sent it back
himself (which probably doesn't make a difference to Casio but makes the
customer a bit happier.) When the Casio didn't return the camera the Manager
gives a refund for more than the original cost.

While this isn't really a good experience for the customer the middleman comes
out looking fairly well.
  #13  
Old July 19th 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
leon
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Currys Customer Service


"boranatty" [email protected] wrote in message
.. .
I Bought a 32" LG LCD from Curry's back in May,towards the end of June it
developed a fault,I called Curry's service dept,who told me to contact LG
direct as they have their own service engineers and they would come out to
fix the problem.

I contacted LG only to find that they do not send out engineers and the
set would have to be return to them for repair,this would take 7 to 10
days, the set was collected the next day by the LG courier company.

This was on the 27th June and on the 11th July I called LG asking when my
set might be returned, the reply was it could be another week yet as they
are waiting on parts and they have no idea when they will arrive and to
call back in a weeks time,I called again on the 19th July,to be told the
same.

I did call Curry's back saying they had ill advised me regarding LG having
mobile engineers and I asked what brands of LCD sets they themselves where
able to service in the home, I was shocked to learn that all brands had to
be returned to the manufacturer and even if I had taken out their
"Whatever Happens" cover the set would have to be away for 21 days before
they would consider offering a replacement,they say all this should of
been explained to me in store, which off course it was not.

On the 11th I mailed Curry's customer services saying I was not happy that
the repair should take this long,they only replied on the 18th but offered
no help or suggestion only that they would reply in writing in due course.

Any suggestions or folk with similar problems who managed to resolve the
problem without waiting maybe a month or so

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


"Currys Customer Service"

Isn't that an oxymoron.


  #14  
Old July 19th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian A
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,150
Default Currys Customer Service

leon wrote:
"boranatty" [email protected] wrote in message
.. .
I Bought a 32" LG LCD from Curry's back in May,towards the end of
June it developed a fault,I called Curry's service dept,who told me
to contact LG direct as they have their own service engineers and
they would come out to fix the problem.

I contacted LG only to find that they do not send out engineers and
the set would have to be return to them for repair,this would take 7
to 10 days, the set was collected the next day by the LG courier
company.

This was on the 27th June and on the 11th July I called LG asking
when my set might be returned, the reply was it could be another
week yet as they are waiting on parts and they have no idea when
they will arrive and to call back in a weeks time,I called again on
the 19th July,to be told the same.

I did call Curry's back saying they had ill advised me regarding LG
having mobile engineers and I asked what brands of LCD sets they
themselves where able to service in the home, I was shocked to learn
that all brands had to be returned to the manufacturer and even if I
had taken out their "Whatever Happens" cover the set would have to
be away for 21 days before they would consider offering a
replacement,they say all this should of been explained to me in
store, which off course it was not.

On the 11th I mailed Curry's customer services saying I was not
happy that the repair should take this long,they only replied on the
18th but offered no help or suggestion only that they would reply in
writing in due course.

Any suggestions or folk with similar problems who managed to resolve
the problem without waiting maybe a month or so

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com


"Currys Customer Service"

Isn't that an oxymoron.


I wondered when somebody was going to say that. :-)


  #15  
Old July 20th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bazzer Smith
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 337
Default Currys Customer Service


"boranatty" [email protected] wrote in message
.. .
I Bought a 32" LG LCD from Curry's back in May,towards the end of June it
developed a fault,I called Curry's service dept,who told me to contact LG
direct as they have their own service engineers and they would come out to
fix the problem.

I contacted LG only to find that they do not send out engineers and the
set would have to be return to them for repair,this would take 7 to 10
days, the set was collected the next day by the LG courier company.

This was on the 27th June and on the 11th July I called LG asking when my
set might be returned, the reply was it could be another week yet as they
are waiting on parts and they have no idea when they will arrive and to
call back in a weeks time,I called again on the 19th July,to be told the
same.

I did call Curry's back saying they had ill advised me regarding LG having
mobile engineers and I asked what brands of LCD sets they themselves where
able to service in the home, I was shocked to learn that all brands had to
be returned to the manufacturer and even if I had taken out their
"Whatever Happens" cover the set would have to be away for 21 days before
they would consider offering a replacement,they say all this should of
been explained to me in store, which off course it was not.

On the 11th I mailed Curry's customer services saying I was not happy that
the repair should take this long,they only replied on the 18th but offered
no help or suggestion only that they would reply in writing in due course.

Any suggestions or folk with similar problems who managed to resolve the
problem without waiting maybe a month or so



Well you can alway vote with you feet and buy from the competition,
except thay don't have any, at least not that is part of the same group!!
High street monopoly, take it or leave it!!

--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com



  #16  
Old July 20th 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
linkuk
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default Currys Customer Service


Any suggestions or folk with similar problems who managed to resolve the
problem without waiting maybe a month or so


I cant understand why retailers are allowed to get away with selling
extended warranties when normal consumers rights are good enough.
If they ask me if i want to take out an extended warranty i reply "why? is
going to go wrong then? is this model unreliable?"
Usually stops the sales pitch quite rapidly. lol



  #17  
Old July 20th 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Edward Cowling London UK
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13
Default Currys Customer Service

In message , linkuk
writes

Any suggestions or folk with similar problems who managed to resolve the
problem without waiting maybe a month or so


I cant understand why retailers are allowed to get away with selling
extended warranties when normal consumers rights are good enough.
If they ask me if i want to take out an extended warranty i reply "why? is
going to go wrong then? is this model unreliable?"
Usually stops the sales pitch quite rapidly. lol


You might think so, but I remember a sales guy at the now defunct
Rumbelows getting so peeved I wouldn't buy the extended warranty that he
started jostling me as I carried the box out of the door. "Wouldn't do
to drop it, as you've no extended cover," he said as he bumped into me.
They make a huge commission on these things and can get very stroppy if
you say no.

--
Edward Cowling London UK
  #18  
Old July 20th 06, 02:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,383
Default Currys Customer Service

In article ,
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

You might think so, but I remember a sales guy at the now defunct
Rumbelows getting so peeved I wouldn't buy the extended warranty that he
started jostling me as I carried the box out of the door. "Wouldn't do
to drop it, as you've no extended cover," he said as he bumped into me.


I hope you reported him to the police.

-- Richard
  #19  
Old July 20th 06, 02:58 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Cartmell
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 530
Default Currys Customer Service

In article ,
Richard Tobin wrote:
In article ,
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:


You might think so, but I remember a sales guy at the now defunct
Rumbelows getting so peeved I wouldn't buy the extended warranty that he
started jostling me as I carried the box out of the door. "Wouldn't do
to drop it, as you've no extended cover," he said as he bumped into me.


I hope you reported him to the police.


What's the penalty for running a protection racket? ;-)

--
John Cartmell [email protected] followed by finnybank.com 0845 006 8822
Qercus magazine FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527 www.finnybank.com
Qercus - the best guide to RISC OS computing

  #20  
Old July 20th 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Edward Cowling London UK
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13
Default Currys Customer Service

In message , Richard Tobin
writes
In article ,
Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

You might think so, but I remember a sales guy at the now defunct
Rumbelows getting so peeved I wouldn't buy the extended warranty that he
started jostling me as I carried the box out of the door. "Wouldn't do
to drop it, as you've no extended cover," he said as he bumped into me.


I hope you reported him to the police.


Rumbelows bit the dust quite soon after that, so I guess they had a few
problems to put it mildly.

--
Edward Cowling London UK
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2019 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.