Digital TV Banter

Digital TV Banter (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forum.php)
-   uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Phantom Pvr (https://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160)

Badlad July 17th 03 06:57 PM

Phantom Pvr

Are the Phantom Pvr Sky Box adaptors any good do they really work ,
any 1 out there got 1 do they recomend it .

Rod July 18th 03 09:07 AM

Phantom Pvr

Yes can recomend it. Does what it says on the box.
Rod

SoulSurvivor July 22nd 03 01:38 PM

Phantom Pvr

I had one. Took it back because i upgraded my VCR to a hard drive/DVD
wtiter combo which had the phantom PVR functionality.

Phantom PVR works fine. HOWEVER, if you have to press a button on
your remote for more than approx 0.5 seconds to record, the PVR will
not be able to detect this, thus will not record your program. I had
this problem.

Do a search on Google Groups, there was a short discussion about this.

HTH.

Badlad July 22nd 03 04:07 PM

Phantom Pvr

"SoulSurvivor" wrote in message
m...
I had one. Took it back because i upgraded my VCR to a hard drive/DVD
wtiter combo which had the phantom PVR functionality.

Sounds interesting what make is that and how much did it it cost you ?

SoulSurvivor July 23rd 03 12:48 PM

Phantom Pvr

The Hard Drive video is the Panasonic DMR-HS2, costs about 620 pounds
now (single region). Records onto DVD also amongst other great things
:-)

Badlad July 23rd 03 06:25 PM

Phantom Pvr

"Badlad" wrote in message

"SoulSurvivor" wrote in message
m...
I had one. Took it back because i upgraded my VCR to a hard drive/DVD
wtiter combo which had the phantom PVR functionality.

Sounds interesting what make is that and how much did it it cost you ?

Sounds Ok lets hope my balls (lottery) come up tonite .