BBC1 Local on Sky 101

Old July 17th 03, 10:14 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen Neal

Default BBC1 Local on Sky 101

Bryan Jones wrote:
My parents had Sky installed last month.
On channel 101 they get BBC 1 London despite living in Lancashire.
103 gives the correct ITV 1 region (Granada).

This is the case for all BBC viewers in England currently - 101 carries BBC
London, and is the only formally available BBC One service in England
currently.

HOWEVER - there are tests of the other BBC One English regions and
sub-regions (apart from BBC One Channel Islands) which are outside the EPG
and can be added via OTHER CHANNELS/ADD CHANNELS.

Is this the way it is (i.e. I believe they can key in 948 to get BBC 1
Manchester).

The BBC are expected to launch the English regions within the Sky EPG on
July 29th - and at this point I believe that postcode mapping should map the
correct regional BBC One service to 101 if you are watching with a viewing
card (no longer actually required for BBC viewing on satellite) All regions
(and nations) will be within the EPG in the 900s as well.

Any advice would be appreciated as my parents are elderly and I am
looking for the correct region on 101 as a solution.

This should happen on July 29th - though the initial postcode mapping is
likely to be based on the ITV1 database - so in some cases the region mapped
to 101 may not match the one you receive on analogue in some regions -
though I suspect Granada and BBC One North West are a pretty good match?

Steve