BBC1 Local on Sky 101

Old July 17th 03, 10:05 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default BBC1 Local on Sky 101

Bryan Jones wrote:
My parents had Sky installed last month.
On channel 101 they get BBC 1 London despite living in Lancashire.
103 gives the correct ITV 1 region (Granada).
Is this the way it is (i.e. I believe they can key in 948 to get BBC 1
Manchester).
Any advice would be appreciated as my parents are elderly and I am
looking for the correct region on 101 as a solution.

BBC Manchester should appear on 101 from July 29th. Until then,
as you've observed, they will have BBC 1 London on 101.

BBC Manchester is on test (along with the other 20 or so regions),
so you can add this manually, and watch it via the Other Channels
menu. The procedure is listed he

http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/S...ns.htm#regions

From July 29th you will be able to view any BBC region, by simply
punching in the EPG number, as listed on that web page. Your local
BBC 1 region should be the one that appears on 101