Problem with Hauppauge Nova-t Software

Old July 17th 03, 09:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Darren Wilkinson

Default Problem with Hauppauge Nova-t Software

reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk
"asqui" wrote in message
If I had known this card is such a piece of sh*t I never would have
bothered. *sigh*

Moved the card from the Media Server machine in the lounge to my personal
computer. Installed the drivers, installed the software, applied the UK
Registry patch. Scanned for channels successfully (that was pretty quick

and
painless compared to the endeavours I had with the media server!)

Only problem was that the audio was coming in garbled with lots of high
pitched squeaks amongst the add syllable. This problem seems to have
magically alleviated itself. The other problem is that the video is
appearing as lots of horizontal lines, as if you had a series of pixels
coming in and you were displaying too many pixels per line, stretching out
the image and causing alternate lines to be misaligned... so basically you
have barely recognisable video which looks like a bunch of contrasting
horizontal lines. This is the case for any channel you care to view.

I have cranked resolution down to 1024x768, 16-bit colour depth, latest
drivers for the GeForce2.

As expected, recording to a file and then watching the file works
flawlessly. Good work on the software Hauppauge, really, I think you don't
need to bother with any updates in the next 50 years because your software
is so advanced and bug free and feature filled. *sigh*

Sorry about the ranting. Anyone had such a problem before and know how to
fix it?

Thanks in advance,
asqui

Use www.google.co.uk to do a search on the phrase "nova-t" andjust feel the
love we have for them.

Altenately do a searchfor "nebula" and then wish you'd bought that instead.

P.S. does anyone know why the Nebula DigiTV isn't in the high street shops
yet? As much as Nebula is a good company I can't help but feel that having
their card in places on the high street might prevent a few people having to
use this forum as a nova-t support centre.