ITV, C4 & five now off new ex subs card

Old July 16th 03, 12:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve

Default ITV, C4 & five now off new ex subs card

Ive just tuned to ITV1, C4 and five via my digibox and they are all now off.
They are displaying a description box similar to that of the rest of
subscription channels. And giving the number to call to subscribe.

The card in use is a new one (yellow house featured on the card) and was
obtained as part of my subscription to $ky in March 2003 (card sent as a
replacement for the old one about to expire)

I had read somewhere that people with this new card will not be affected
with ITV1, C4, five (with or without a current paid subscription).

I cancelled my subs in May this year. So it appears that even with the new
card, you need a current on-going subscription to get these channels.

Apologies if I am telling you something you already know, but I was under
the impression that if you had this new type of card, that you would
continue getting the digital version of ITV1, C4 and five without a problem.
This appears to not be the case here.

Regards
Steve M

Old July 16th 03, 01:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
J KScot

"Steve" wrote in message
Ive just tuned to ITV1, C4 and five via my digibox and they are all now

off.
They are displaying a description box similar to that of the rest of
subscription channels. And giving the number to call to subscribe.

The card in use is a new one (yellow house featured on the card) and was
obtained as part of my subscription to $ky in March 2003 (card sent as a
replacement for the old one about to expire)

I have a "new" Sky card. They sent it to me a couple of weeks ago (without
my asking). I cancelled my subscription about a year ago. This card is still
working (for ITV, C4 and C5) and I have seen no "warning" messages.

I had been a subscriber since the early days of Sky Digital and, before
that, since the beginning of subscription services on Sky Analogue. Perhaps
they have hopes of my re-subscribing and don't want to alienate me. (Are Sky
that well organized?)

jim

Old July 16th 03, 03:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
A J Hodnett

"J KScot" wrote in message

I have a "new" Sky card. They sent it to me a couple of weeks ago (without
my asking). I cancelled my subscription about a year ago. This card is

still
working (for ITV, C4 and C5) and I have seen no "warning" messages.

I had been a subscriber since the early days of Sky Digital and, before
that, since the beginning of subscription services on Sky Analogue.

Perhaps
they have hopes of my re-subscribing and don't want to alienate me. (Are

Sky
that well organized?)

jim

Well lucky you, I stopped subscribing in january and they haven't sent me a
new card !

As of this mornig my old series 1 card (Ex-Subscriber) still functioning on
ITV, C4 & C5 and I haven't seen any message on the screen telling me that it
will stop... Yet!

Tony

---

Old July 19th 03, 10:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
IOOA

my cancell card did the same but now works ok,,,,,it sufdendly started
working again on ITV CH4 etc, i think there must have been a down load that
i missed as box was off power...? when BBC went FTA?